Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM Iframe clicks tracking using launch

Employee

Hi Team,

One of my client has brightcove video on iframe and that iframe is rendering through AEM.
Can we track the iframe clicks ? What is the recommended approach ?
Below is the screen shot 

VidhyaAk1_0-1715333371592.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

If you're using AEP Tags as your tag management system, then you can try the Brightcove Video extension provided by Adobe.

Employee

@yuhuisg 

But the iframe has third part domain , will this solution works for third party iframe domain ?

Community Advisor

Oh! I thought your screenshot showed the HTML for your web page. I didn't realise it's the HTML of an IFRAME where that IFRAME has been embedded in your web page. In that case, the extension won't help.

I have an old script (from 2020) that might help you get started: https://gist.github.com/yuhui/3375b8221f6152600321bdf710dbe90b I haven't used Brightcove since 2020, so I don't know if it still works.

This script is meant to be added to the Brightcove player. If I remember correctly, there's a section in the player's configuration where you can add your own custom code. So that's where you would add this script.

I don't use Brightcove any more, so I don't think I'll be able to provide much help if my script doesn't work any more.