Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Add new evar to Analytics extension

Community Advisor

Hello everyone,

I am trying to add a new evar to the Analytics Extension in the Global Variable but when I try to select it, I dont see it. Previously,I added new evar in the report suite. The new evar is only in dev report suite.

If I add the new evar to production Report Suite, I can see it in the extension mapping. My question is how can add the evar to only to Dev Report Suite and map it to the analytics extension?

Any suggestion? 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Could you share a screenshot explaining the issue?

The drop-down should allow to select any eVar variable like shown below:

Andrey_Osadchuk_0-1599084205860.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Could you share a screenshot explaining the issue?

The drop-down should allow to select any eVar variable like shown below:

Andrey_Osadchuk_0-1599084205860.png

Community Advisor

@Andrey_Osadchuk: Yes, I can see the list of evars. Let me explain you better. I only migrated from DTM one property and linked to this property in Adobe Launch to DEV, STAGE and PROD. My aim is to add the Customer id(crm_id) evar to DEV Report Suite and send it in the beacon, this only for DEV. What I noticed, if I enable this new evar in PROD Report Suite, I can see in the drop-dwon evar 45:Customer ID, otherwise I only can see evar45. How can I add this evar only to DEV environment for Launch and Report Suite?

Below the picture where I added the new evar to the DEV Report Suite. If I add the new evar to PROD Report Suite as well, I can see eVar45:Customer ID

1982luca_0-1599100776742.png

Level 10
You may want to create a rule that will be setting eVar45 but only when the Report Suite ID is set to DEV.

Community Advisor
@Andrey_Osadchuk Yes, good idea. Do u have any suggestion how to implement that?

Level 10
Create a Data Element that will be mapped to the Launch environment. In the rule add a condition to check that the Data Element returns the values corresponding to the dev env.