Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

WKND setup

Level 2

So i have AEM 6.5.0 version and I am trying to setup wknd site following the tutorial. 

mvn -B org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.2.1:generate -D archetypeGroupId=com.adobe.aem -D archetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype -D archetypeVersion=48 -D appTitle="WKND Sites Project" -D appId="wknd" -D groupId="com.adobe.aem.guides" -D artifactId="aem-guides-wknd" -D package="com.adobe.aem.guides.wknd" -D version="0.0.1-SNAPSHOT" -D aemVersion="6.5.0"

mvn clean install -PautoInstallSinglePackage -Pclassic

But after running both command in cmd i am getting the warning. 

[WARNING] The requested profile "classic" could not be activated because it does not exist.

shivparekh21_0-1715749622832.png

Also in localhost:4502 when i click WKND sites project>us>en>edit the window open blank.

Additionally I cannot create a new content page and its gives an error "Something went wrong". 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@shivparekh21 

Did you enable classic profile?

Anudeep_Garnepudi_0-1715867389592.png

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 7

Hi @shivparekh21 
Can you check if any bundle is not in active state.
1- please ensure you bundle in active state:
Solved: AEM 6.5.0 - Bundles Installed but not Active, WKND... - Adobe Experience League Community - ...

2- Check your settings.xml , there might be configuration issue with the settings.xml
Get started with AEM Sites - Project Setup | Adobe Experience Manager
Set up a Local AEM development environment | Adobe Experience Manager

Follow the attached link you will be able to solve your issue.

Level 2

So, I have setup AEM 6.5.0 the way it is describe in  (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-learn/foundation/development/set-up-a-...).

C:\Users\<User_Name>>java --version
java 11.0.23 2024-04-16 LTS
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.9 (build 11.0.23+7-LTS-222)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.9 (build 11.0.23+7-LTS-222, mixed mode)

C:\Users\<User_Name>>mvn -v
Apache Maven 3.9.6 (bc0240f3c744dd6b6ec2920b3cd08dcc295161ae)
Maven home: D:\apache-maven-3.9.6
Java version: 11.0.23, vendor: Oracle Corporation, runtime: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11
Default locale: en_IN, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows 11", version: "10.0", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"

Archetype command :-

mvn -B org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.2.1:generate

-D archetypeGroupId=com.adobe.aem

-D archetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype

-D archetypeVersion=48

-D appTitle="WKND Sites Project"

-D appId="wknd"

-D groupId="com.adobe.aem.guides"

-D artifactId="aem-guides-wknd"

-D package="com.adobe.aem.guides.wknd"

-D version="0.0.1-SNAPSHOT"

-D aemVersion="6.5.0"

I start my 4502 server and then i run:

mvn clean install -PautoInstallSinglePackage -Pclassic

Also in localhost:4502 when i click WKND sites project>us>en>edit the window open blank.

Additionally I cannot create a new content page and its gives an error "Something went wrong". 

I check the console on server and my 4 package are in installed state and not active.
the core component 2.23.2 is associated with "wknd project archetype" and i download the core component from https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/versions but still it didn't work.

I know the core components release 2.8.0 is last one supported by 6.5.0 but if i made changes in pom.xml before deploying it gives me Project Build Error. 

Level 8

@shivparekh21 , In your all pom.xml there is no profile with classic added that why you are getting this error. Please follow steps mentioned below for classic profile

https://github.com/adobe/aem-guides-wknd#building-for-aem-6xx

Level 5

@shivparekh21 

The archetypeVersion=48 doesn't support "classic" profile. You might need to try older archetype version like 24.

Refer to this article for the m2 settings and project generation for archetype 24.

https://jimfrenette.com/2020/10/aem-maven-project-archetype-24/

Administrator

@shivparekh21 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

I didnt find any solution yet!! I am still trying to figure it out. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@shivparekh21 

Did you enable classic profile?

Anudeep_Garnepudi_0-1715867389592.png

Level 2

Basically I am running the archetype through cmd and deploying it after starting localhost.4502 also through cmd and not IDE.