Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Why don't renditions (sub-assets) appear in the mounted drive

Level 2

Hi, trying to figure out why when I upload renditions to assets on the author site they are not appearing in the mounted drive (WebDAV).  The companion app was not working properly so I downloaded WebDAV to act as my mounted drive and I don't see any of the renditions inside the folders.  Is there a reason why the renditions do not appear?  I see them on the publish (asset share) site but not within the mounted drive.  Thanks, Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Internally aem stores all the renditions inside the asset names.Examples [A].   When you map in drive you can;t have filename and foldername same. It is operating system limit. Hence only original (/content/dam/geometrixx/portraits/scott_reynolds.jpg) is shown in webdav clients. 

[A]

/content/dam/geometrixx/portraits/scott_reynolds.jpg

/content/dam/geometrixx/portraits/scott_reynolds.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/cq5dam.thumbnail.140.100.png

/content/dam/geometrixx/portraits/scott_reynolds.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/cq5dam.thumbnail.319.319.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Internally aem stores all the renditions inside the asset names.Examples [A].   When you map in drive you can;t have filename and foldername same. It is operating system limit. Hence only original (/content/dam/geometrixx/portraits/scott_reynolds.jpg) is shown in webdav clients. 

[A]

/content/dam/geometrixx/portraits/scott_reynolds.jpg

/content/dam/geometrixx/portraits/scott_reynolds.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/cq5dam.thumbnail.140.100.png

/content/dam/geometrixx/portraits/scott_reynolds.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/cq5dam.thumbnail.319.319.png