Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

WebP images are not showing in AEM as cloud service sandbox enviornment

Level 4

Hi Team,

I have enabled WebP configuration in image component, but this is now working in our AEM as cloud service sandbox environment. also images are not starting with URL "adobe/dynamicmedia/".

Can you please help me on this.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @bhagchand 
Please refer 
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/assets/dynamicmedia... 

Option 1:

You can use some external tool (e.g. image magic) to convert webp to other format e.g. jpg or png, and then generate renditions. This can be done using Command Line workflow step. In other words via Command Line workflow step you can simply run from AEM external tool that is available on operation system level - assuming this tool can be operate from command line. Here is an example how to use it with image magic:

Option 2:

Create custom workflow step and or media handler. This will of course require some external library to be used. Here is an example of webp servlet - this is a bit different case then yours, but it should give you and idea about potential external libraries that you could use.

Option 3:

You can consider to use Dynamic Media - however this requires separate license.

In my option option 1 is the best compromise, taking into account it is quite easy to setup, and it is not require additional development - only configuration is needed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @bhagchand 
Please refer 
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/assets/dynamicmedia... 

Option 1:

You can use some external tool (e.g. image magic) to convert webp to other format e.g. jpg or png, and then generate renditions. This can be done using Command Line workflow step. In other words via Command Line workflow step you can simply run from AEM external tool that is available on operation system level - assuming this tool can be operate from command line. Here is an example how to use it with image magic:

Option 2:

Create custom workflow step and or media handler. This will of course require some external library to be used. Here is an example of webp servlet - this is a bit different case then yours, but it should give you and idea about potential external libraries that you could use.

Option 3:

You can consider to use Dynamic Media - however this requires separate license.

In my option option 1 is the best compromise, taking into account it is quite easy to setup, and it is not require additional development - only configuration is needed.

Administrator

@bhagchand Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni