Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Watched Folder Payload Directory Not Created

Level 2

Hey everyone,

I configured a watched folder to execute an AEM workflow when a user inserts a file inside the input folder. That is working correctly, but the payload directory the workflow creates does not seem to appear in the CRX manager.

For example, from the instances menu I was able to obtain the payload directory it "created": /etc/fd/watchfolder/staging/WatchedFolder_PackagingSketch_SendPackagingSketchProces/Pxde67e262aaba5b6a60d16546

But when I want to troubleshoot something or maybe look at a file in the payload, the last "Pxde67e262aaba5b6a60d16546" does not seem to be generated:

SebasRios_0-1660665173204.png

Am I missing any type of configuration with the watched folder I created or is this a known issue/behavior?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi @SebasRios ,

I tried out the above use case, and I can see the payload in the CRX:

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 11.23.41 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 11.23.54 am.png

However, something to note here is that the workflow hasn't completed yet and is still running. If the workflow was to complete and archive, this payload also goes away.

Can you check if your workflow is still running (if it in Instances section) or if it is completed (if it is Archive section)?

Also FYI, you can access the input file from your watch folder on the file system as well:

- If the workflow is still running, you can find it in the 'stage' folder.

- If the workflow is complete, you should see it in the 'result' folder.

You can find the exact filesytem path from the workflow node in CRX:

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 11.35.06 am.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi @SebasRios ,

I tried out the above use case, and I can see the payload in the CRX:

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 11.23.41 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 11.23.54 am.png

However, something to note here is that the workflow hasn't completed yet and is still running. If the workflow was to complete and archive, this payload also goes away.

Can you check if your workflow is still running (if it in Instances section) or if it is completed (if it is Archive section)?

Also FYI, you can access the input file from your watch folder on the file system as well:

- If the workflow is still running, you can find it in the 'stage' folder.

- If the workflow is complete, you should see it in the 'result' folder.

You can find the exact filesytem path from the workflow node in CRX:

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 11.35.06 am.png