Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

value in dropdown for which datasource is in same dialog

Level 1

I have a requirement to

1. populate the drop down values in dialog box. 

2. Value are coming from other component "A" authored in different page "PageA"

What i have implemented 

1. Add a pathbrowser to get the page path of "PageA"

2. Save the dialog. 

3. Reopen the dialog, the value in dropdown is populated. 

4. drop-down is using the data source, which is calling a servlet. 

5. Servlet is reading the page property pathbrowser and giving the dropdown values. 

Challenge

1. author need to save the dialog box for servlet to read the "PageA" path and reauthor/reopen the dialog. 

Is there any alternative to explore, where author dont have to re-open/reauthor the dialog to have values in dialog box. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @meghaarrora 

I am assuming that this pageA with componentA is like an authorable source to be used across multiple pages. There can be multiple approaches to configure the reference to this page:

Approach-1. We can use the policies in componentB, to configure the reference to PageA across all pages created from a template

Approach-2. We can use Context Aware configs to configure pageA as a source across a Hierarchy of pages.

Approach-3. When the PageA is selected in ComponentB, trigger reload of the datasource in dialog. Refer to thread with similar conversation: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/refresh-granite-data-sourc... 

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @meghaarrora 

I am assuming that this pageA with componentA is like an authorable source to be used across multiple pages. There can be multiple approaches to configure the reference to this page:

Approach-1. We can use the policies in componentB, to configure the reference to PageA across all pages created from a template

Approach-2. We can use Context Aware configs to configure pageA as a source across a Hierarchy of pages.

Approach-3. When the PageA is selected in ComponentB, trigger reload of the datasource in dialog. Refer to thread with similar conversation: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/refresh-granite-data-sourc... 

Aanchal Sikka