Expand my Community achievements bar.

Using Storage Library from App Builder to write PDF files from Publish environment

Level 3

Hi.

Recently, in order to accomplish a requeriment we have, we need in one of our sites that users can upload a PDF (in publish environment, of course). We are migrating from Managed services to Cloud and in our Managed Installation, when the user upload the file, we replicated it in the other publish.

Now in the Cloud model this is not possible, so, talking with Support, they said we could use the File Storage available in App Builder, so the PDF would save in File Storage, from there we put it in Author and after we replicate to Publish environment.

I have been reading the documentation about this and following the examples from this page.

The problem is I have no idea how can apply this in a site on AEM. Has anybody done anything similar or have any clue that could help me.

Thanks in advance

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Please see below details - it will be the starting point - once you create Storage space - you can use Storage API to manage assets like (upload, download etc).

Here are the steps to create a Storage Configuration in the AEM Cloud Service UI:
Go to Tools > Cloud Services > Storage Configuration.
Click Create.
Enter a title for the configuration.
Select the type of storage you want to configure.
Enter the required information for the storage type.
Click Save.
Here are some examples of storage configurations you can create:
Azure Storage
Amazon S3
Google Cloud Storage
Local File System
Once you have created a Storage Configuration, you can use it to store files and assets for your AEM applications.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/forms/integrate/use...

https://medium.com/@manumathew28.94/aem-storage-resource-providers-9d70ab577816

Administrator

@katmandu25 Did you find the suggestion helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 3

I am afraid Suresh didn´t understand me or perphaps I didn´t explain the problem well enough. I don´t need to create a Storage. With App Builder you can create an action to use 

@adobe/aio-lib-files to storage files in some space, I am not sure where is this space.

We need to store the PDF files that users can upload in our website and we want to use this feature. After upload and store the file our intention is move them to author server so we can replicate them to Publish server.

Perhaps you are wondering why am I doing this? 

The fact is we are migrating to Cloud from our Managed license and in our managed license we were able to replicate, the upload file into DAM, to all publish. Now in cloud this behaviour is not supported, so we are looking for a way to solve this issue.

I hope the issue is more clear now

Thank you