Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

user/group management

Level 2

Hi,

I have created a custome group and user in AEM 6.0, have given permission similar to user-administrators group. Then i have logged into system with custom user.Getting access denied exception in below scenarios with custom user

1. Creating group/user

2. Adding existing user to another group

"org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service: Uncaught SlingException
javax.jcr.AccessDeniedException: OakAccess0000: Access denied
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.api.CommitFailedException.asRepositoryException(CommitFailedException.java:231)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.api.CommitFailedException.asRepositoryException(CommitFailedException.java:212)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.delegate.SessionDelegate.newRepositoryException(SessionDelegate.java:665)"

Caused by: org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.api.CommitFailedException: OakAccess0000: Access denied
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.security.authorization.permission.PermissionValidator.checkPermissions(PermissionValidator.java:235)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.security.authorization.permission.PermissionValidator.propertyAdded(PermissionValidator.java:111)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.commit.VisibleValidator.propertyAdded(VisibleValidator.java:83)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.commit.VisibleValidator.propertyAdded(VisibleValidator.java:83)

Appreciated for any help

Thanks,

Hari

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

YOu are correct on that:

[img]admin4.png[/img]

when i attempted to create admin3 from the admin2 account (see pic) - i did get the same error. Its a bug. Please file a ticket here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/marketing-cloud/contact-support.html

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Make sure that the new user has all the permissions you want them to have and you save the settings. For more information, see:

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/administer/security/security.html

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/administer/security/security.html#Permissions

The issue could be that the permissions were not saved properly in the system. 

Level 2

I can confirm all the  permissions are saved properly. I looged into system in different browser and checked the permissions of custom user. Infact i have given permission to everything at root level. So user has every access to all folders. I tried this on top of AEM 6.0 SP2 version. But still i am getting the access denied error.

Level 10

I have tried to see if i could get the same error on AEM 6. I made a user named admin2:

[img]foo2.png[/img]

I could do everything that i set my permissions for and able to log in. As you can see in this illustration.

Can you try just creating a single user with similiar permissions and see if you get that error still. 

Level 2

Hi,

I have created the similar user. Even i can login to the system. The issue i am facing is below. When i try to create the group or add user using the new user created getting error. Can you try from your end by creating the new group or adding user to existing group with user admin2?

1. Creating group/user

2. Adding existing user to another group

"org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service: Uncaught SlingException
javax.jcr.AccessDeniedException: OakAccess0000: Access denied
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.api.CommitFailedException.asRepositoryException(CommitFailedException.java:231)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.api.CommitFailedException.asRepositoryException(CommitFailedException.java:212)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.delegate.SessionDelegate.newRepositoryException(SessionDelegate.java:665)"

Caused by: org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.api.CommitFailedException: OakAccess0000: Access denied
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.security.authorization.permission.PermissionValidator.checkPermissions(PermissionValidator.java:235)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.security.authorization.permission.PermissionValidator.propertyAdded(PermissionValidator.java:111)

Level 2

to explain better, login to system with admin2 user navigate to <domain:port>/useradmin . Please try creating the new group/user or add some user to existing group. 

Correct answer by
Level 10

YOu are correct on that:

[img]admin4.png[/img]

when i attempted to create admin3 from the admin2 account (see pic) - i did get the same error. Its a bug. Please file a ticket here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/marketing-cloud/contact-support.html

Level 1
        I am facing same problem in AEM 6.2. Is this issue resolved .If yes, could you provide the steps.