Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Uploading a large number of images to DAM

Level 2

Hi,

As part of a process of migrating content, I have written Java code to retrieve binary resource stream given the Internet URL of an image. I then, create a node in the DAM and store this binary stream as its jcr:data property(under renditions/original). I have stopped all the DAM workflows as I don't need any other renditions of the image. The image is getting stored properly, but when I do the same for around 2000 images, the process somehow stops after around 1000 images. I am not storing all the images under the same node(I have a certain hierarchy which is far from the flat-file system, which ensures that there are not more than 100 images under a node).

When I inspect the loggers, I cannot find anything suspicious as well. I'm guessing there is some problem with the indexes that point to the datastore, but I really cannot pin point any particular reason. Am I doing it the correct way, or is there a better way to upload such large numbers of images to the DAM? Please help me out and thanks in advance.

Thanks
Shriram

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

I guess best way to upload image would be to put them under some path /content/dam/<your path> through virtual file system (Like use webdav to map path in your local file system and write java app to add file there). Then CQ DAM Update workflow should take care of update. If you don’t want rendition you can always update workflow to not create rendition)

Yogesh

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

I guess best way to upload image would be to put them under some path /content/dam/<your path> through virtual file system (Like use webdav to map path in your local file system and write java app to add file there). Then CQ DAM Update workflow should take care of update. If you don’t want rendition you can always update workflow to not create rendition)

Yogesh

Level 2

Thanks a lot. I will surely try this approach. It would still be nice to find out why the process was getting terminated anyhow.