Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Uninstall package from cloud AEM

Level 3

Hey,

I would like to uninstall some packages (after doing some renamings in the project from the sample package names to custom ones). The "uninstall" option having on local for the same package is missing on our cloud instance.
Can you please suggest what do I miss?

Thanks,
Peter

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 17.08.21.pngScreenshot 2024-04-03 at 17.08.44.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @pnagy - Immutable packages once installed on cloud, cannot be uninstalled manually or from console. If you want to uninstall the package, raise a ticket with Adobe Support and ask them to roll back the instance to a timestamp when the package was installed. This step will roll back everything till that time.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@pnagy  You don't have permission to install/uninstall.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @pnagy - Immutable packages once installed on cloud, cannot be uninstalled manually or from console. If you want to uninstall the package, raise a ticket with Adobe Support and ask them to roll back the instance to a timestamp when the package was installed. This step will roll back everything till that time.

Thanks!

Employee Advisor

It's not possible to uninstall this package; it has been deployed, and parts of it have been incorporated in the immutable area and therefor it cannot be uninstalled. To get rid of the immutable parts it's enough to just deploy without this package being included.

But that does not mean that the mutable content will go away when you don't install the "old" package any more. If you would uninstall it now you would delete everything which is part of this package (which will delete all content which you have not renamed).

In the end it might be the easiest to manually clean up and eventually just delete the old package (not uninstall). And if that's not possible, just leave it as is