Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

Tools button and top left header not working after successful AEM cloud build

Level 1

Successfully ran a pipeline to push a build into the AEM Dev cloud environment. When I bring up the AEM dashboard for the Dev environment, the Tools and Navigation icons (hammer and compass icons in left rail), don't work (don't respond to clicks). So I can't open any of the Admin tools. I can click on any of the icons for Guides, Sites, Assets, etc. and those all work fine. However once I navigate into Sites, Assets, etc., the top left icon/nav that says (Adobe Experience Manager) also no longer works to navigate you back to the top level of the dashboard. If I change the URL to the base environment URL, I can again get back to the dashboard, but not sure what is happening. The web inspector console isn't throwing any errors outside of some cookie errors which are always there. Any ideas?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @ChrisDr2 

There could be several reasons why the Tools and Navigation icons in the AEM Dev cloud environment are not working.

1. JavaScript Errors: Check the browser console for any JavaScript errors. If there are any errors related to the icons or navigation, it could indicate a problem with the JavaScript code. Fixing these errors may resolve the issue.

2. Cache Issues: Clear your browser cache and try again. Sometimes, cached files can cause conflicts and prevent certain functionalities from working properly.

3. Permissions: Ensure that you have the necessary permissions to access the Admin tools. If you don't have the appropriate permissions, the icons may be disabled or not respond to clicks. Contact your system administrator to verify your permissions.

4. Configuration Issues: Check the AEM configuration to ensure that the icons and navigation are properly configured. There may be a misconfiguration that is causing the issue. Review the AEM documentation or consult with your development team to verify the configuration.

If none of these solutions resolve the issue, it may be helpful to provide more details about the specific version of AEM you are using, any recent changes or updates made to the environment, and any relevant error messages or logs.

Level 1

In answer to your questions:

1. Per my post, the Console was one of the first things we checked and there are no JavaScript errors reported when performing any of the actions like trying to click the Tools button or clicking the top navigation header.
  2. We had also tried clearing cache and this had no effect, the problem still persists.
  3. I am the Admin for the organization, and I have appropriate Admin permissions to the environment where the problem exists.
  4. I'm not understanding "AEM Configurations", what specifically are you talking about? OSGI configs, Admin configs, product configs, filter.xml configs?

This is the cloud version (AEMaaCS), version 2023.12.14697.20231215T125030Z-231200. This environment also has Guides installed, version 2023.12.0.16.

Level 10

There can be a conflict in between ootb and custom JavaScript. Please confirm if we are not overlaying anything. Also, once check browser console if any error is there or not. Did we install any other third party packages also ?

Administrator

@ChrisDr2 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

No, unfortunately none of the suggestions were specific enough to be of any help, they tended to be general AEM troubleshooting pointers which we'd already tried.

This appears to be an issue that is introduced when the Adobe Guides install is included in the project via the Adobe Guides Git Pipeline methodology. When we remove the Adobe Guides Git Installer module in the root POM file, the project works (buttons are clickable). We have opened a ticket with Adobe Support to further assist and they appear to have found an issue on their side and are working on a solution for us.

Thanks,

Chris