Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

\/system/console/vmstat can be used to restart the AEM server

Level 3

Hello All,

When I go to /system/console/vmstat interface and I see a option to restart and stop. so can I restart my development author instance which is on Unix box by using this interface instead of Linux/Unix commands? is this a right way to do so? if not why?

I tried with my local instance and did worked.

Thanks,

Adithya.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Restarting from vmstat will trigger a restart of all the bundles. So, if you just wanted to refresh the bundles, you can do that.

That said, it does not completely stop the AEM instance as the PID is still active in the background after you trigger a "Stop" from vmstat.

Lastly, this does not cause any corruption/issues but you should not be using this to stop the instance as PID will be active even if you stop the Sling framework.

Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 1.04.13 PM.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Restarting from vmstat will trigger a restart of all the bundles. So, if you just wanted to refresh the bundles, you can do that.

That said, it does not completely stop the AEM instance as the PID is still active in the background after you trigger a "Stop" from vmstat.

Lastly, this does not cause any corruption/issues but you should not be using this to stop the instance as PID will be active even if you stop the Sling framework.

Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 1.04.13 PM.png