"textIsRich": [
"true",
"true"
"true"
],
"B_background_random-proposition": "<p>Random proposition</p>\r\n",
"A_background_collection-concept-story": "<p>Collection Concept Story</p>\r\n"
}

I am trying to read 3 properties (starting with A_, B_ & C_ ) and I use sightly to iterate and have some condition..

<sly data-sly-list.property="${properties}">
Issue - It does not maintain the order they were authored in. E.g. - I want A_ to be displayed first then B_ and then C_ . Is there a out of the box property I can use to do some kind of sorting or make sure the fields are read in order ?

Ps- A_ , B_ are not actual names, so not looking for alphabetically sorting but open to change.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 8

Hi @anupampat ,

As per my knowledge there is no such property/feature available on Sightly.

To achieve your scenario, create a sling model for the component and try to make the sorting be done in the backend.

Community Advisor

I would recommend to use Multifield if your requirement permits. Otherwise, you can create a list and add items as the order you want to the Sling Model as @sravs suggested.

Community Advisor

Hi @anupampat 

I think if you use sling model instead of calling properties directly to sightly, you can resolve the resource and get the valueMap of the resource. Then you will get all the values in a sorted order by the property names. And then you can return this map. You can give a try with this approach.

Thanks,

Asif Ahmed

Administrator

@anupampat Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni