Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Sling servlet txt extension not working with OSGi DS 1.2 annotations

Level 2

I am trying to create a servlet to serve a robots.txt. The servlet to handle this request is mapped on the website page resource and looks like this:

When I visit the page like this "/content/website.robots.txt" I am presented with an 404 error and the get of the servlet is never called.

When I change "sling.servlet.extensions" to xml and visit "/content/website.robots.xml" the get gets called and the servlet works.

I am using AEM 6.2 with OSGI 6.0.0

Is it impossible to map to .txt as extension or am I doing something wrong ?

14 Replies

Level 10

Turn on 'Enable Plain Text' option on 'Apache Sling GET Servlet' in configMgr since you are using METHOD_GET and test if it works.

Level 2

This unfortunately just makes it possible for the default GET servlet to handle the request. However I would like my own servlet to handle the request.

Employee Advisor

It seems to me that you are using the Felix SCR annotations. In that case you need to add the

@Service()

annotation to the class definition as well (no additional parameters required). That should do the trick.

Level 2

I'm actually using the OSGI component annotation the felix annotations are not available in the 6.2 architype I'm using

Employee Advisor

Hm, correct... I wonder why I was thinking that you are using the SCR ones ... :-/

Can you post the the generated xmls in target/classes/OSGI-INF for this class?

And btw the resource type is just "webstie/components/structure/websitepage"; the resource type is normally never the full path to the component.

Level 2

thanks for the tip I will change the resource type to the short one

Level 2

Thanks for your answer Arun Patidar​. At this point I don't really want to switch the whole interface to a sling filter so I will just map to .xml and rewrite from .txt to .xml in apache.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Community Advisor

Ohh ok, sorry I misread , I thought you are using filter.

Arun Patidar

Employee

to me the url should be /content/page/_jcr_content.robot.txt

Level 2

This actually works. Does this mean that all requests to the page node are internally redirected to _jcr_content for HTML and XML calls but not for other extensions ?

Employee Advisor

Just add a node /apps/cq/Page/Page.robots.txt.jsp with the content

<%@include file="proxy.jsp" %>

and it should work as well for /content/page.robots.txt