Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Simple Fragment is missing in 6.5.10 upgrade

Level 3

We recently upgraded AEM Environment from 6.5.9 to 6.5.10, and we don't see a simple fragment coming from AEM OOTB(/libs). 

Is this deprecated in the latest version?

in 6.5.9, when we create content fragments below simple fragment showed up -

ramaem12_0-1634330093022.png

in 6.5.10 it is not available -

ramaem12_1-1634330171553.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ramaem12 ,

Yes,It is deprecated in the 6.5.10  instead of simple fragment you can use Model based Structured content fragment.

Regards,

Sanjay

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @ramaem12 ,

Since the Simple Fragment is in the Deprecated Features of 6.5 it might have removed in SP10.

kishorekumar14_0-1634350283380.png

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/release-notes/deprecated-removed-featu... 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ramaem12 ,

Yes,It is deprecated in the 6.5.10  instead of simple fragment you can use Model based Structured content fragment.

Regards,

Sanjay

Level 3

I also see that when you create a new content fragment in SP10, Simple Fragment does not appear on the model selection screen.  In service pack 11, 12, 13, and 14 it does appear and indicates it is deprecated (screen shot below).

I wish to hide that as an option.  How is this accomplished in SP10?  It still exists under /libs/settings/dam/cfm/templates/simple and it does not appear to be restricted by permissions.

image001.png

Community Advisor

yes it seems it got deprecated. I have tried this on plain vanilla instance in my local computer. 

you have to model based content fragments.