Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Set keywords on files before upload to AEM - how to map to AEM tags?

Community Advisor

Hi there, i wonder how you guys are thinking about the Tags feature in AEM Assets (as a cloud service). If we use Adobe Bridge to set keywords on assets before upload the keywords will be mapped to the field dc:subject and not cq:tags, I assume this is by design but how can we set tags on assets outside of AEM that map to the tag taxonomy we have in AEM Assets? Any input appreciated on this topic

2 Replies

Community Advisor

@Sebastiane_Edberg_ you can utilize MCP tool for bulk tag creation in AEM. This way, you won't need to use Bridge outside AEM and cq:tags properties will be created: https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/mcp-tools/tag-creator/index.htm...

Hope this helps. 

Community Advisor

Hi there, thanks for  your reply, but no i am not really asking about the actual tag creation, more on assigning the tags to assets in a structured way BEFORE uploading to AEM. 

I dont understand the workflow where you can load all tags from AEM to Bridge, assign them to assets in bulk using bridge, but then when uploaded its still not a proper tag for AEM because the value is in dc:subject anyway? 

Is the proper workflow to tag assets in the UI after upload as well? or is it better to leave the tags and configure search facets to look at the IPTC keyword property instead?

im not really sure about the effects of doing that though so would be nice to have some input here