Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Services were missing

Level 2

Hi,

After installing a code package in the upgraded instance AEM 6.2(couple of author instances), seen some issue with number of services available.

I have compared the services by expanding the bundle-> used services block. Same code package has been installed in both the instances, it's our custom service. I have tried to delete the bundle and then re-install it several times but no luck, because of this I'm getting many exceptions while browsing the functionalities. Please help to resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Ayyappa

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

That seems to be a specific metatype issue (which is worth to investigate, but that's another story then), but it should not prevent the service from starting.

Can you check in the OSGI webconsole, if the services are visible (check /system/console/components for it). You can see there, if the services are active or not active.

Jörg

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Employee

Is the code package using the 6.2 uberjar?

Level 10

Did you build the project with Maven 10 archetype? - try building the bundle and then install. 

Employee Advisor

Validate the error.log and check if there are some exceptions. Most likely these services are not started; either by unsatified dependencies or due to an exception.

Jörg

Level 2

It's an upgrade project from CQ 5.5 to AEM 6.2, so we are using only mvn clean install to create the snapshot. Earlier we have added uber jar dependency and the required dependencies to make the bundle 'Active' in felix console. All I'm confused is, the bundle is in 'Active' state in both the Author instances so there is nothing to resolve the dependencies further(according to my understanding). But when I check further in the bundle, some of the services were in unsatisfied state but the same services are in active state in another author instance.

Employee

Like joerg said, doing see any exceptions in the error.log when deploying the bundle?

Level 2

Hi Feike,

All I can see is the below ERROR logs for that particular service :

17.03.2017 09:08:40.713 *ERROR* [qtp456959486-2595] org.apache.felix.metatype Missing element AD in element OCD : bundle://635.0:0/OSGI-INF/metatype/com.lcl.cc.common.tasks.ContentCachingTask.xml
17.03.2017 09:08:40.713 *ERROR* [qtp456959486-2595] org.apache.felix.metatype Missing element AD in element OCD : bundle://635.0:0/OSGI-INF/metatype/com.lcl.cc.common.tasks.ContentCachingTask.xml

Employee

that seems indeed to be related.

Can you try to make sample out of this?

Level 2

Are asking me what's present in that xml related to this particular service, if yes below is the snippet:

<OCD id="com.lcl.cc.common.tasks.ContentCachingTask" name="LCL Content Cache Refresh Scheduler" description="LCL Content Cache Refresh Scheduler">
        <AD id="scheduler.expression" type="String" default="0 * * * * ? 2013" name="%scheduler.expression.name" description="Scheduler Cron Expressions. Follow the link http://www.docjar.com/docs/api/org/quartz/CronExpression.html for more details."/>
        <AD id="scheduler.concurrent" type="Boolean" default="false" name="%scheduler.concurrent.name" description="%scheduler.concurrent.description"/>
        <AD id="listing.page.path" type="String" name="%listing.page.path.name" description="Add content listing page paths for all supported banners" cardinality="2147483647"/>
        <AD id="replicate.listing.pages" type="Boolean" default="false" name="%replicate.listing.pages.name" description="%replicate.listing.pages.description"/>
    </OCD>
    <Designate pid="com.lcl.cc.common.tasks.ContentCachingTask">
        <Object ocdref="com.lcl.cc.common.tasks.ContentCachingTask"/>
    </Designate>

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

That seems to be a specific metatype issue (which is worth to investigate, but that's another story then), but it should not prevent the service from starting.

Can you check in the OSGI webconsole, if the services are visible (check /system/console/components for it). You can see there, if the services are active or not active.

Jörg

Level 2

I can see the service but the status is "unsatisfied (reference)".

I have attached the snapshot, in that the first part is from another author instance where there is no issue and the second part is from that author where issue exists. So that particular service is not listed under /system/console/services tab and not sure why it's not listed though the same snapshot has been installed in both the author instances.

Thanks,

Ayyappa

Administrator

This problem requires debugging, i would request you to please create a daycare ticket for this.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni