Expand my Community achievements bar.

Rolling out Language Master to Live Copy is updating the order of components in Language Master

Level 4

Hi,

We have been receiving issues on our Production environment saying that post the promotion of launch to language master home page, when the content authors rollout the Language master to Live Copy, the order of components in Language master is getting affected due to the rollout, the components are re-ordering in Language master.

We are still not able to replicate the issue in lower environements so have asked for a screen recording of the entire process the authors are following but has anyone come across such issue?

Is there a way to debug the standard rollout process to make sure the updates are done on the LC and not LM.
Any other suggestions?

4 Replies

Level 10

@SHIBANI06 This should not be the case. It may occur that the content author changes the sequence in the live copy, but just after deployment, it gets reset in the live copy. The Language Master will never receive the update.

Level 4

We do see the order of components being changed in the Language master actually, but not sure what mistake they are doing during the process but yes the components in LM have reordered without them doing it manually.

Level 10

@SHIBANI06 Sorry, could you please elaborate on in which sense it got reordered? What is our basis for comparison? Are we comparing it with a particular version, or did they roll back the content pages using versioning?

Level 4

@Imran__Khan 

1)They promoted a launch to the Language master page,

2)Now they check the components in LM and looks okay to be rolled out to LC.

3)They rollout to LC and this caused the re ordering of components in LM is what they claim. I have requested for a screen recording as I still don't understand how rollout to LC can change something in LM. 

But all I can see is the components being re ordered in LM.