Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Reverse replication changes to Content Fragments

Level 2

Hello!

Is it possiblle to do the reverse replication to content fragments? updating fields from publish to author scenario with using workflow maybe

and if it is doable is there any references I can check? 

thank you in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AEMStarterNewbie 

Which version of AEM are you using ? If you are using AEM as Cloud, there is no concept of Reverse Replication. In Cloud the content is moved from Author to Pulish using Sling Content Distribution. So if you are using Cloud , this is not possible. 

But any other version , may be you can check the possibility of a custom code to acheive it. But I am really curious why you have to do this in the first place. Why should you give an end user the capability to change any fragment data ? I do not think that is a right approach with regards to CF.

Thanks

Veena ✌

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

sadly we are not using Forms right now but thank you for the reference

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AEMStarterNewbie 

Which version of AEM are you using ? If you are using AEM as Cloud, there is no concept of Reverse Replication. In Cloud the content is moved from Author to Pulish using Sling Content Distribution. So if you are using Cloud , this is not possible. 

But any other version , may be you can check the possibility of a custom code to acheive it. But I am really curious why you have to do this in the first place. Why should you give an end user the capability to change any fragment data ? I do not think that is a right approach with regards to CF.

Thanks

Veena ✌