Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Restrict OOTB workflow for CustomGroup

Level 2

Hi,

We have a use case where users belonging  to CustomGroup  should  only see custom workflows.

All the OOTB workflows should be restricted

I see that OOTB Workflow like "Request for Deletion" doesn't have mixinTypes : rep:AccesControllable , hence i will not be able to restrict them

1508955_pastedImage_4.png

My question is which is the best way restrict OOTB workflows , so that I can save these configurations in to GIT  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

You need to remove read permission from all the OOTB workflows. which make workflow hidden for all.

and give read only permission to CustomeGroup so that can only access OOTB workflows.

make sure if user belongs to other groups, so you need to remove read permission from there also.

Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 10.53.33 AM.png

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

You need to remove read permission from all the OOTB workflows. which make workflow hidden for all.

and give read only permission to CustomeGroup so that can only access OOTB workflows.

make sure if user belongs to other groups, so you need to remove read permission from there also.

Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 10.53.33 AM.png

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 6

How are you able to see the OOTB Runtime variable. In useradmin, under var, I don't see the list of workflows mentioned in your screenshot. I can see it only in my crxde. How can i hide those workflows?

Level 4

Hi @arunpatidar,

I followed this approach. It hides most of OOTB workflows except the ones present directly under /var/workflow/models. Is there any way to hide these workflows too?

Community Advisor
I thin workflows inside var is accessible at runtime. Runtime Workflow Model under /var/workflow/models.. Try to remove permission here as well.

Arun Patidar

Level 4
Thanks for your reply. I tried to remove permission in /var/workflow/models but by doing so all workflow models (both project and OOTB) are disappearing.

Level 1

Same Issue i m facing to when i applying this strategy is removing all the workflow models as i want only two workflow should be visible to author and i have also try that adding system tags and under properties is not working can you help regarding on this