Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Replication agents for multi domains on AEM

Level 3

What is the best process to set-up replication agents for multi domain set up on AEM.

We have one author, 2 publishers and 2 dispatchers. 1-1 mapping between dispatcher and publisher.  Content is restricted at dispatcher level through each dispatcher configuration (virtual hosts entry). This configuration set up would be for external users who would access dispatcher and publisher.

We would need to set up 2 different replication agents - replicating content of each domain independently for each publisher.

Eg: Domain A and Domain B - Agent A1/A2 should be able to replicate content for Domain A only from author to pub1/pub2

Agent B1/B2 should be able replicate content for Domain B only from author to pub1/pub2.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9
5 Replies

Level 10

I am hoping other ppl can provide some information on similar requirements. However - make sure that you read all of the Replication documentation here: Replication

Correct answer by
Level 9

Employee Advisor

Hi,

why do you want to have 2 replication agents based on the domain? A single replication agent (transfering the data of both domains) would be sufficient.

But if you really want to go down that road, here you are:

* on author create a userA, which can read only the content of domain A, and a second userB, which can read of domain B.

* Create 2 replication agents, point them both to the same publish instance; on the first agent use userA as "Agent User Id", on the second agent use userB.

Jörg

Level 3

HI Hoh,

As mentioned in your comment, I created different users each having permissions to read only one domain content.

I'm getting following replication test failed when I try to test the connection. I created the users only in authors. Is that the reason?

Employee Advisor

Can you please post the complete error message.

Jörg