Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

"Request Publication" shown instead of "Publish Page" in Touch UI.

Level 2

Hi everyone!

When I open any of existing pages on author environment and click on "Page information" button (at the top left corner):

- at first I see "Request Publication" in dropdown menu;

- then, I close menu and open it again (after 30sec-1minute):

- after it I see "Publish Page".

Do you have any ideas what the possible solution for such issue? Also, on the pages where we have lots of components, I am waiting for publication ~ 3-4 minutes.

AEM version: 6.2 (without service packs)

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi!

I found the actual problem at /libs/granite/ui/components/foundation/renderconditions/privilege/privilege.jsp

The actual trouble on line №53... After getting path trough cmp.getExpressionHelper() it returns the path with ".html" and then it tries to getResource with the ".html" and it's wrong.

I overlay jsp under /apps/ folder and remove ".html" if path contains.

If someone encounters with such problem, I hope it will be helpful.

Thanks

Yevhenii

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Level 10

You should be seeing these options in the dropdown:

M88.png

Level 2

At first, while page is loading, I click on page "Page Information":

1525243_pastedImage_2.png

Then I am waiting for some time, and I see the right options:

1525244_pastedImage_3.png

Community Advisor

Hi,

I can also see this in 6.3 but page info node has publish and request for publish

/libs/wcm/core/content/editor/jcr:content/content/items/content/header/items/headerbar/items/pageinfopopover/items/list/items

what is the issue here with changing action items?

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Hi Arun,

The actual problem, that for content authors it is confusing to see at first "Request Publication" and after some time "Publish Page". It should be always "Publish Page".

Thanks

Yevhenii

Community Advisor

Hi,

If you worried about only a title, you overlay and change the title(granite:title) of node to "Publish Page" /libs/wcm/core/content/editor/jcr:content/content/items/content/header/items/headerbar/items/pageinfopopover/items/list/items/requestpublish

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 7.21.58 PM.png

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Unfortunately, the renaming of dialog's buttons isn't a solution for me, because they have different behavior.

1) If you click on "Request publication" button, you'll see the following:

1525671_pastedImage_0.png

2) If you click on "Publish page" button, you'll see next:

1525672_pastedImage_1.png

Community Advisor

Then you can adapt /libs/wcm/core/content/editor/jcr:content/content/items/content/header/items/headerbar/it ems/pageinfopopover/items/list/items/requestpublish like libs/wcm/core/content/editor/jcr:content/content/items/content/header/items/headerbar/it ems/pageinfopopover/items/list/items/publish

you can overlay and changed the property of requestpublish node if you don't want to use.

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 2

This solution seems to be a workaround, but it doesn't solve the actual problem. Basically, the logic of this granite component consist in adapting resource resolver to session, getting access control manager from session, and then check if the user has privileges for certain paths. Also, I debugged the jsp (/libs/granite/ui/components/foundation/renderconditions/privilege/privilege.jsp/jcr:content) and it constantly has necessary privileges, but the UI is wrong at dropdown menu.

Thanks

Yevhenii

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi!

I found the actual problem at /libs/granite/ui/components/foundation/renderconditions/privilege/privilege.jsp

The actual trouble on line №53... After getting path trough cmp.getExpressionHelper() it returns the path with ".html" and then it tries to getResource with the ".html" and it's wrong.

I overlay jsp under /apps/ folder and remove ".html" if path contains.

If someone encounters with such problem, I hope it will be helpful.

Thanks

Yevhenii

Community Advisor

Thanks for sharing the fix.

I am just wondering if this is the bug in Coral Previlege components? would it going to impact other places also as we are using privilege component as other places as well.

http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/search/content/querydebug.html?_charset_=UTF-8&query=path%3D%2Flibs%2F...

smacdonald2008​ any thoughts?

Arun Patidar