Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Publish to Preview Option for Content fragments

Level 3

Hi, 

I'm using AEM On Premise

Can anyone let me know how to set Publish to preview option/button for content fragments.

I have referred this - https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager-assets/preview-url-content.... It says minor customization done but didn't mention any.

Thanks in Advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

@priyak I doubt this feature is available on On Premise , since its supported for onCloud instance only that too with special configurations provided on request .

It's basically to support Remote SPA and provides WYSWYG experience for authors in headless architecture .

But if you want to customize the code and its functionality , here is the path

/libs/dam/cfm/models/console/components/model/cq:dialog/content/items/tabs/rankedItems/basic/items/details/items

to add new field . You should overlay and customize as per your need .

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 8

@priyak 

You can try this link

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-learn/getting-started-with-aem-headles...

To enable the "Publish to Preview" option for Content Fragments in AEM On-Premise, you need to configure the Preview URLs for your Content Fragment Models. Here are the steps:
  • Select the Content Fragment Model you want to configure and click on "Properties" in the top action bar.
  • In the "Properties" dialog, locate the "Preview URL" field.

Level 3

@gkalyan I'm unable to see the Preview URL field. I'm using 6.5.14. Attaching below screenshot for the same.

priyak_0-1716398335439.png

And the link you've attached refers to AEM as Cloud.

Correct answer by
Level 3

@priyak I doubt this feature is available on On Premise , since its supported for onCloud instance only that too with special configurations provided on request .

It's basically to support Remote SPA and provides WYSWYG experience for authors in headless architecture .

But if you want to customize the code and its functionality , here is the path

/libs/dam/cfm/models/console/components/model/cq:dialog/content/items/tabs/rankedItems/basic/items/details/items

to add new field . You should overlay and customize as per your need .

Level 3

Thanks for that, just a correction in URL. I'm able to achieve it by overlaying and customizing from the below path:

/libs/dam/cfm/admin/content/v2/fragment-editor/jcr:content/content/items/content/header/items/headerbar