Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

Public hosted AEM RTE instance (classic UI)

Level 1

I need to test out our browser extension on AEM 6.5.18 using classic-UI with the Rich Text Editor (RTE). Is there any public website I could access with RTE integrated?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 8

Hi @LukasSm ,

I'm not aware of any public websites that provide access to an AEM instance with the Classic UI and RTE enabled. However, you can set up your own local instance of AEM with the Classic UI and RTE to test your browser extension.

Here are the general steps to set up a local instance of AEM with the Classic UI and RTE:

1. Download and install AEM 6.5.18 on your local machine. You can download the installer from the Adobe website.

2. Once AEM is installed, start the instance and log in to the authoring environment using your web browser.

3. In the authoring environment, create a new page or open an existing page that has the RTE component.

4. Edit the page and click on the RTE component to open the RTE toolbar.

5. Test your browser extension by interacting with the RTE toolbar and content.

Note that the Classic UI is deprecated in AEM 6.5 and will be removed in future versions. It's recommended to use the Touch UI instead, which is the default UI in AEM 6.5. However, the RTE component is available in both the Classic UI and Touch UI, so you should be able to test your browser extension in either environment.

Level 1

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately we do not have an AEM license, which is why I was hoping to find some public website to do these tests.