Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

PDF title not updated

Level 1

I have a PDF in assets where the right METADATA > TITLE and METADATA > PDF TITLE fields have been compiled.

I then published the PDF and verified its title on the browser tab.

The problem is that title showing for the PDF is an old and incorrect one, instead of the one I declared on the metadata.

What do I need to do in order for the right metadata to show - as the PDF title - when viewed in a browser?

It seems that AEM CLOUD does note update/save the PDF Metadata, while it worked in the non-cloud version on AEM.

Thanks

5 Replies

Community Advisor

@MarcelloPi1 What is the property name that you see for title ?

is it dc:title or some custom property name ?

In case of a custom property name, you will have to update the DAM asset update workflow and allow for metadata extraction for any custom properties. 

Community Advisor

Hi @MarcelloPi1 ,

Is it showing title from the pdf asset itself, check properties of pdf once.

Thanks

Himanshu Jain

Level 1

HI, I'd like to update the METADATA > TITLE and METADATA > PDF TITLE in AEM Cloud, but the platform does not really update the PDF metadata INSIDE the PDF properties.

In fact, after downloading the PDF from AEM Cloud, I see that the title is still the old one in the PDF properties.

Thanks

Community Advisor

Hi @MarcelloPi1 ,

It will not update the data inside the pdf properties .

Thanks

Himanshu Jain

Community Advisor

@MarcelloPi1 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Esteban Bustamante