Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Passing array generated in js use class to java use class (6.0 to 6.1 upgrade issues)

Level 5

Upon installing AEM 6.1, the solution to my issue in this thread no longer works: http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage....

I get a similar error message as referenced before:

06.06.2015 16:27:28.256 *ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1433622447711] GET /content/news.html HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.cq.sightly.WCMUse Failed to cast value java.lang.ClassCastException: Cannot cast org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.js.impl.rhino.HybridObject to io.sightly.java.api.Record at java.lang.Class.cast(Class.java:3361) at com.adobe.cq.sightly.WCMUse.get(WCMUse.java:90) at com.uc.news.ArticlesList.activate(ArticlesList.java:42)

Lines 39-44 of ArticlesList.java:

public Record params=null;     @Override public void activate() throws Exception { params = get("params", Record.class);

I'm unable to find documentation on hybridobject, so I'm again unsure how to proceed.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You may have found an issue:

" passing the object from the js use file isn't accepted like it was in 6.0."

Please open a ticket here. If there is a bug, they will fix it. Open ticket here: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/marketing-cloud/experience-manager.html

Thank you! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 5

I've attempted to resolve this by changing params to a HybridObject, but I don't think the required packages are available in aem 6.1. Upon trying to include these dependencies in my pom file: 

<dependency> <groupId>org.mozilla</groupId> <artifactId>rhino</artifactId> <version>1.7.6</version> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId> <artifactId>org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.js.provider</artifactId> <version>1.0.0</version> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId> <artifactId>org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly</artifactId> <version>1.0.2</version> </dependency>

I get an error. My bundle builds susccesffully, but isn't able to start:

08.06.2015 10:56:52.239 *INFO* [OsgiInstallerImpl] org.apache.sling.installer.core.impl.tasks.BundleStartTask Could not start bundle uc-news.ucNews-bundle [446]. Reason: {}. Will retry. org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle uc-news.ucNews-bundle [446]: Unable to resolve 446.19: missing requirement [446.19] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.js.impl.rhino)

So this solution seems to be a dead end.

Employee

And can you print the class-name from the object that you are trying to cast?

Level 5

When I try  (note I changes Record.class to String.class for this example)

get("params", String.class).getClass().getName();

I get an error:

08.06.2015 14:05:11.428 *ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1433786711362] GET /content/news.html HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.cq.sightly.WCMUse Failed to cast value java.lang.ClassCastException: Cannot cast org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.js.impl.rhino.HybridObject to java.lang.String

I'm not sure what's going on exactly.

I can pass a string object in my sightly code and it works, but passing the object from the js use file isn't accepted like it was in 6.0.

As an aside, I did change my dependency to the 6.1 case to no avail.

Level 5

Continuing to troubleshoot this, I think this is a serious issue with 6.1, but I'm hoping I'm just going about this the wrong way, passing the object resolves to null, as far as I can test, but individual data members are not null.

My Sightly code:

<div data-sly-use.newsList="${'newsList.js' @ props=properties, xssApi=xssApi, page=currentPage}"> ${newsList} <div data-sly-test="${properties.querysearch=='search' && newsList.search=='submitted' || properties.querysearch!='search'}"> <div data-sly-use.articles="${'com.uc.news.ArticlesList' @ params=newsList, limit=newsList.limit}"> ${articles.message} </div> </div> </div>

My Java Use Class:

@Override public void activate() throws Exception { message += "params null " + (get("params", Record.class) == null); message += "--- limit null " + (get("limit", String.class) == null); }

i get this output on the component (the first line is the output of ${newslist}, the second is ${articles.message}):

hasVideo,offset,dateRange,endDate,querysearch,author,sort,articlesExclude,alsoQuery,tags,search,authorExclude,limit,anyall,term,page,articles,contacts,startDate params null true --- limit null false

Correct answer by
Level 10

You may have found an issue:

" passing the object from the js use file isn't accepted like it was in 6.0."

Please open a ticket here. If there is a bug, they will fix it. Open ticket here: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/marketing-cloud/experience-manager.html

Thank you!