Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Page locked by user currently not in org

Level 2

Hi all

we have a set of pages on AEM as Coud which are locked by a user who is removed from aem.(left organisation)

How can i unlock these pages. We dont have admin access in AEMaaCS

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8
9 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

Level 2

HI @aanchal-sikka 

User left the org and the user is deleted form AEM. cant impersonate. is there an Admin account for AEMaaCS. i have the administrator privilages, but not the admin account 

Community Advisor

@nksree 

Please ask anyone with admin privileges to add the required people as impersonator.

They should now be able to complete tasks or unlock pages on behalf of the ex-employee.

Aanchal Sikka

Community Advisor

Hey @nksree ,

If you have admin access or know anyone with Admin access then follow suggestion given by @aanchal-sikka .

Otherwise, you could follow the process given by @nksree .

Both are correct! Decide what's easy for you.

Thanks,

Aditya

Aditya_Chabuku_0-1714662677124.png

Thanks,

Aditya Chabuku

Level 4

@nksree Did you try the method suggested in the below article? Can you share any update.

https://medium.com/@rajathannasi168/unleashing-creativity-aem-page-unlocking-without-administrative-...

This article seems to be accurate, but I'm concerned if it is a back door, that Adobe has to fix it.

Level 7

HI @nksree ,

If you don't have admin access to Adobe Experience Manager as a Cloud Service (AEMaaCS), unlocking pages locked by users who are no longer in the organization can be challenging. However, there are a few potential approaches you can try:

1. Contact Adobe Support: Reach out to Adobe Support and explain the situation. They might be able to assist you in unlocking the pages or provide guidance on how to handle the situation.

2. Use Administrative APIs: If your organization has access to Adobe I/O Runtime or Adobe Developer Console, you might be able to use administrative APIs to unlock the pages programmatically. Check Adobe's documentation or reach out to Adobe Support for guidance on using administrative APIs in AEM as a Cloud Service.

3. Request Access: If you have a contact within your organization who has administrative access to AEMaaCS, you can request them to unlock the pages for you.

4. Check for Other Admin Users: Ensure that there are no other users with admin privileges in your organization who can unlock the pages. If there are, reach out to them for assistance.

5. Review Access Control Policies: Review the access control policies in your AEM instance. Ensure that the appropriate permissions are set up for user management and page locking/unlocking.

Remember to document the steps you take and any communication with Adobe Support or other stakeholders regarding this issue. This will help in resolving the situation efficiently and maintaining an audit trail of actions taken.

OR 

o check if jcr:lockOwner property exists in your pages, we can use below query and then we can get the value of it.

path=/content/sample
property=jcr:content/jcr:lockOwner
property.operation=exists
p.limit=-1

Reference:

https://medium.com/@rajathannasi168/unleashing-creativity-aem-page-unlocking-without-administrative-...

Employee Advisor

since AEM release 12255 a feature is included, which allows users which are member of the "administrators" group to unlock all pages (also the ones not locked by themselves). This was hidden behind a Feature Flag, but that should be enabled to all environments by now.

Level 7

Hi @nksree ,

if you get hopeful answer, would you make answer correct?