Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Page Exporter Doesn't work for custom pages AEM

Level 2

I am using the default template only for my custom pages, but export.zip fails to export the page and its libraries. In the logs, I see a null pointer excpetion in pageexporterimpl. Also, what are the additional configurations to be made for a custom page (not we.retail) for the export to work.

I have tried with a custom export template as well, but doesn't work.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thanks for the reply @gkalyan , @PAGIDALAGURUKRISHNA1 . I have identified the issue - jcr:content node was missing for one of the parent pages which is why the null pointer exception was encountered. But, now I am not sure how to rewrite the links for images. It still points to c:/content/dam and not c:/var/images - which is where they are actually getting downloaded. Any suggestions on this is appreciated.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 3

Hi @Sahana_S 

1. Set the sling:resourceType property. Make sure that your custom page has the sling:resourceType property set to the correct value. This property tells AEM how to render the page and what scripts and components to use.
  2. Include metadata. Make sure that your custom page includes any necessary metadata, such as the page title, description, and keywords. This metadata is used by search engines and other external systems to index and categorize your page.
  3. Check your custom page for any errors or inconsistencies. Make sure that all the necessary components and scripts are correctly referenced and functioning as expected.
  4. Check the logs for more information. The null pointer exception you mentioned in pageexporterimpl could be caused by a variety of issues. Look for any additional error messages or stack traces that might provide more context.

Level 5

@Sahana_S If you can post the error log, we can dig little deep and understand your issue better.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thanks for the reply @gkalyan , @PAGIDALAGURUKRISHNA1 . I have identified the issue - jcr:content node was missing for one of the parent pages which is why the null pointer exception was encountered. But, now I am not sure how to rewrite the links for images. It still points to c:/content/dam and not c:/var/images - which is where they are actually getting downloaded. Any suggestions on this is appreciated.