Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Page description & component description field to share the authored content

Level 3

Hi,

I have the requirement where the page jcr description should be populated in a component's description field when dialog is open. please note: the component is authored on the same page. Now,  if I edit the description field in component dialog and save it. the new content or description should start reflecting in the page description field as well in page properties.

Is there any optimized way through which two fields with same name in different location(different locations meaning page component and individual component) can share the same data.

Please advise.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@ravijais04 

Option-1: Like @arunpatidar Instead of sharing a place to persist data. You can use following:

aanchalsikka_0-1697629185741.png

This is a snapshot from Teaser component. You can use the description from Page, and when needed override on component itself.

Option-2: Embed the component on template, so that the structure stays the same.

Now the description from Page properties should have a proper name like "./tile/openInNewWindow", here tile is the component and "openInNewWindow" is a property,

The property name is components' dialog should be "openInNewWindow"

I haven't tried it my-self. Just a thought

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@ravijais04 

Option-1: Like @arunpatidar Instead of sharing a place to persist data. You can use following:

aanchalsikka_0-1697629185741.png

This is a snapshot from Teaser component. You can use the description from Page, and when needed override on component itself.

Option-2: Embed the component on template, so that the structure stays the same.

Now the description from Page properties should have a proper name like "./tile/openInNewWindow", here tile is the component and "openInNewWindow" is a property,

The property name is components' dialog should be "openInNewWindow"

I haven't tried it my-self. Just a thought

Aanchal Sikka

Community Advisor

@ravijais04 

Just tried Option-2:

1. Created a new field in Page properties

aanchalsikka_0-1697699598509.png

2. Added a title field to the template at similar location. Unlocked component

aanchalsikka_1-1697699644355.png

3. Now when I edit via page properties, the property is reflected on page and vice versa

aanchalsikka_2-1697699698552.pngaanchalsikka_3-1697699712058.png

Aanchal Sikka