Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Package to create image for AEM 6.5.19

Level 1

Hi Team,

We are running a cluster over AWS where we are configuring the 6.5.0 base image in form of Docker package to run over Kubernetes cluster. 

Now we are looking for options to upgrade latest AEM version, 6.5.19, while we are exploring all documentations we are advised to install the updater package from CRX console in base AEM - 6.5, would like to get confirmation if there is any possibility for us to get the installer pack of 6.5.19 directly or it does work in separate packages alone like installing 6.5.0 first then followed by latest services (updater) package.

Also if there is any blogs or documentation to fere docker form of installing resources, Please do share accordingly

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Package installation is more efficient way of installing the service pack either manually or via Curl command but not the only option to install service pack in aem. You can create an install folder inside crx-QuickStart and put the service pack zip package there and aem will automatically install the service pack on aem start.https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/content/release-notes/release-notes.ht...

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Package installation is the only way to upgrade to 6.5.19

Follow below link, similarly we can upgrade. First perform dry run in local before running on dev or any other environments.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/instructions-needed-for-se...

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Package installation is more efficient way of installing the service pack either manually or via Curl command but not the only option to install service pack in aem. You can create an install folder inside crx-QuickStart and put the service pack zip package there and aem will automatically install the service pack on aem start.https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/content/release-notes/release-notes.ht...

Administrator

@Pavan_KumarTi Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

Hi @DPrakashRaj @kautuk_sahni ,

Thanks for responding over, sorry i missed to respond back earlier. The solutions provided are very helpful in understanding, things. but got an challenge, as we are running the AEM in form of docker image in our cluster.

So was just wondering how could it helps me in copyting the zip file for service pack in installer path. Is there any docuemnt I can refer for service over form of Docker, i knew AEM doesnt support/ suggest using Docker however we ended in using this in way.

Community Advisor

I don’t think there is adobe official documentation for your use case but you can achieve this by writing your custom script on docker file. With script your can create a install folder inside crx-QuickStart and place the service pack inside crx-QuickStart/install

the sevice pack placed inside crx-QuickStart/install will get picked and installed during aem start.

hope that helps.

Level 1

Hi @DPrakashRaj Thanks for sharing the details, copying the package to install folder in crx-quicstart helped in achiving the required patching/upgrade. We are also working in terms of regression, does removal of package from install folder and restarting the AEM services helps in reversion. or the entire crx folder should be replaced back in case of reversion ? any thoughts. 

Community Advisor

Yes if you remove the package from install folder it will remove it from the installation.