Expand my Community achievements bar.

OSGI Service variables are not persistent on AEM instance running on 4502.

Level 2

AEM Community, I am facing an issue with OSGI service variables. I have two author instances of AEM v6.5.17 running on 4502 and 4504 ports. I use mvn clean install -PautoInstallPackage command to build and deploy the project on any of the two instances. I also have some configurations in place in the OSGI that work as environment variables for me. 

The issue is when I target 4504, the OSGI service variables are persistent. However, when the target is 4502, the OSGI service variables are removed. 
I have tried to remove instance on 4502 and run a fresh new instance on 4502, but still the same behaviour. 

Any support regarding this is highly appreciated.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 10

@FaisalSe In case of 4502 it is removed or not getting updated.

Please check main pom.xml and update port to 4502 and credentials if required

Imran__Khan_0-1708949539104.png

Level 2

@Imran__Khan The pom.xml files look the same as yours. 
My issue is not about the installation of the project on 4502. The build is successful on 4502, but the issue is with the OSGI services configurations that is removed. 
I hope you got my issue now

Community Advisor

How did you set the OSGi configurations and run modes?

Level 2

My OSGI configurations are directly on AEM. Depending on the environment like Dev, Release, and production, I managed the variables there. 

Community Advisor

@FaisalSe need more details in what kind of OSGI configurations you are taking about? Any example path of configuration file under /apps/??

Level 2

@Shashi_Mulugu I have some configuration files in ui.config folder, that does maintain some variables. I build my code with mvn clean install -PautoInstallPackage and set the variables in the AEM directly. The issue is that after another deployment the configuration gets wiped out. 

Administrator

@FaisalSe Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni