Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Orphaned pages persist in author

Level 1

Hello. I'm new to the forum and still trying to get up to speed on CQ5 so forgive what I hope is a newbie question.

I didn't create this situation so I'm a little unclear how we got here but this is my problem:

We deleted some pages from author when we redesigned one of our many websites. It was developed in a preproduction environment and moved as a package to our production environment. The new site works well and looks exactly the way we want it. The problem is that although you can't navigate to these pages as you click through our website you can still hit what I guess you would call "orphaned" pages if you use the specific URL to get there. (I presume the same is true for anybody who may have created a bookmark to those pages.) When I look in author these pages appear to be thoroughly deleted. 

I have gone to our dispatch servers and deleted the html pages that I found there. However, when I try to hit the pages they are brought back over from our publish servers somehow (although, as I say, they appear to be purged from author) and new html pages are created on the dispatch servers.

How do I delete these orphaned pages?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, as they say, in advance.

Steven Taylor, Radford University 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

If i understand your problem correctly looks like you have deleted the page in author and seems it is still available in publish instance. Reason could be deactivation replication request has failed. Check you replication queue Or some one might have forcefully cleared the replication queue.   To fix the problem Go to publish instance directly and delete the page and then clear webserver cache.  Since you say it is production & new to cq please file daycare and get official help.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

If i understand your problem correctly looks like you have deleted the page in author and seems it is still available in publish instance. Reason could be deactivation replication request has failed. Check you replication queue Or some one might have forcefully cleared the replication queue.   To fix the problem Go to publish instance directly and delete the page and then clear webserver cache.  Since you say it is production & new to cq please file daycare and get official help.