Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Omnisearch

Level 2

How to overlay omnisearch ootb component ?How to add additional properties to the component?

11 Replies

Level 10

Is this question related to a specific Adobe product or solution? Based on the information you've provided, I'd guess it was related to AEM. Is this the case? If so, I'll move your question to the Adobe Experience Manager​ community.

Thanks,
Jantzen

Community Advisor

Hi,

You can check Empty String in Siteadmin Search

if doesn't help explain more about use case.

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Thanks for the response.

Can we change the file present under libs folder?

For present omnisearch i need to overlay with property cq:variant. How can I proceed for this?How to add this property in omnisearch.js?

Community Advisor

No, you should overlay files from libs to apps but if you want to change js file, you can create a copy of js file and modified and change the reference in js.txt

Overlays

what do you mean by adding cq:variant property in omnisearch.js ? you want extra filter?

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Thanks for the response.

Yeah . I need to include the extra filter .

Level 2

Thanks for the response.

How to add the property filter to the Omnisearch feature cq:CommerceType - variant when cq:CommerceType - product is already is present.

Both "variant" and "product" should be included because few products are  having cq:CommerceType - product as a property and few products are having cq:CommerceType - variant as a property.

Thanks,

Ashwini

Community Advisor

where are you want to add variant? screenshot would be useful.

Arun Patidar

Level 2

I need to add "variant" to the query parameter so that the products having "cq:commerceType-variant" will be displayed when we search that products.

Any idea where and which file this query parameter is present in CRXDE so that I can add this "cq:commerceType-variant" property .I could not that file where query is present. Please drop the solution if you know.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashwini

Community Advisor

Hi,

Note sure if this will help or not but you may try to edit search for to add one more hidden field to add variant filter like product property?

http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/core/content/tools/customsearch.html/libs/settings/commerce/search/fac...

Tools--> Search Forms --> Products Admin Search Rail

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 7.17.48 PM.png

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Thanks for the response.

But this solution dint work in my case.

Need to find the query builder so that I can add variant property to the query.

Thanks,

Ashwini