Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Omnisearch panel Start Workflow button

Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a custom requirement where the author wants to activate through workflow more than one asset using search filter option. a button needs to be available to start a workflow but i'm not able to find whether I need to overlay from libs or create a custom js.

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 14.51.05.png

I tried to find documentation but there is not any reference. Could you please help guide me in how to accomplish this requirement?.

EDIT:  a similar thread had been created with not response. Has someone created something similar?

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager-assets/adding-create-butto...

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Create Workflow option is available in latest AEMaaCS SDK.

aanchalsikka_0-1697641704725.png

If a user has Read access on the Workflow Models, he should be able to trigger the workflows. Here is the rendercondition at http://localhost:4502/libs/granite/omnisearch/content/metadata/asset/actions/selection/create/items/...

{
"jcr:primaryType": "nt:unstructured",
"action": "foundation.dialog",
"granite:class": "cq-dam-omnisearch-workflow",
"granite:rel": "cq-damadmin-admin-actions-createworkflow",
"icon": "workflow",
"text": "Workflow",
"activeSelectionCount": "multiple",
"sling:resourceType": "granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/collection/actionlink",
"data": {
"src.uritemplate": "/mnt/overlay/dam/gui/content/commons/createworkflowdialog.html",
"nesting": "hide"
},
"granite:data": {
"trackingElement": "assets-omnisearch-results-create-workflow",
"multipleWorkflowLimit": 15
},
"granite:rendercondition": {
"sling:resourceType": "cq/gui/components/renderconditions/canreadworkflowmodels"
}
}

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Create Workflow option is available in latest AEMaaCS SDK.

aanchalsikka_0-1697641704725.png

If a user has Read access on the Workflow Models, he should be able to trigger the workflows. Here is the rendercondition at http://localhost:4502/libs/granite/omnisearch/content/metadata/asset/actions/selection/create/items/...

{
"action": "foundation.dialog",
"granite:class": "cq-dam-omnisearch-workflow",
"granite:rel": "cq-damadmin-admin-actions-createworkflow",
"icon": "workflow",
"text": "Workflow",
"activeSelectionCount": "multiple",
"sling:resourceType": "granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/collection/actionlink",
"data": {
"src.uritemplate": "/mnt/overlay/dam/gui/content/commons/createworkflowdialog.html",
"nesting": "hide"
},
"granite:data": {
"trackingElement": "assets-omnisearch-results-create-workflow",
"multipleWorkflowLimit": 15
},
"granite:rendercondition": {
"sling:resourceType": "cq/gui/components/renderconditions/canreadworkflowmodels"
}
}

Aanchal Sikka

Administrator

@ERNEST-99 Did you find the suggestions from Aanchal helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni