Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Oak indexing failing

Level 5

Hi Everyone,

One of my instances has errors with oak indexing.

When I check the URL for status, I can see the status as failing - 

<ENV_URL>/system/console/jmx/org.apache.jackrabbit.oak%3Aname%3Dasync%2Ctype%3DIndexStats

Need some pointers, if we can try to find the possible reasons behind the indexing failure. I will try to reindex the Oak index for the failing mBean.

Thanks in advance!

__PRESENT

__PRESENT

__PRESENT

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

The error message failing index stats: org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.TrackingCorruptIndexHandler indicates that there might be a problem with the Oak index in your AEM instance. Here are some possible reasons and steps you can take to troubleshoot:

1. Corrupted Index: The index might have become corrupted due to an improper shutdown of AEM or other f.... You can try to reindex the failing mBean. To do this, you can set the reindex property to true on the index definition node in CRXDE Lite. This will trigger a reindexing operation.

2. Slow or Stuck Reindexing: Sometimes, the reindexing process can become slow or even stuck. This can happen if there’s a large amount of content to index. You can check the IndexStats JMX MBeans to see if the indexing is taking too long.

3. Missing Indexes: If certain indexes are missing on your publish instance, you might see warnings in .... Make sure that all necessary indexes are present and up-to-date.

4. Overloaded Thread Pool: In some cases, the thread pool used to manage asynchronous indexing may beco.... You can configure a separate thread pool for asynchronous indexing to prevent other AEM work from in....

Remember to check the logs for any exceptions or error messages that might give more insight into what’s causing the indexing failure. If the issue persists, consider reaching out to Adobe support for further assistance.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @RitendraS11 ,

Looks like either index or repository is corrupt. If re-indexing is not working for you, may be you can try to stop the instance, delete the index folder and start the instance again, this should re-build the indexes.

Alternatively, please check this article too - https://github.com/AdobeDocs/experience-manager-64.en/blob/main/help/sites-deploying/troubleshooting...

And if nothing fixes it, please create a support ticket with Adobe.

Thanks,

Chitra

Level 5

Hi @ChitraMadan - Thanks for your input. I had already resolved the issue by re-indexing the failed Oak Indexes. I have asked a query here to look for possible reasons as to why the indexing failed for a few indexes.

Community Advisor

There could be multiple reasons for corrupted indexes, most common one, which I have experienced before is if the instance shuts down abruptly and if during that time re-indexing was happening or if re-indexing failed because of any reason. Did you try to check the logs?

Correct answer by
Level 6

The error message failing index stats: org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.TrackingCorruptIndexHandler indicates that there might be a problem with the Oak index in your AEM instance. Here are some possible reasons and steps you can take to troubleshoot:

1. Corrupted Index: The index might have become corrupted due to an improper shutdown of AEM or other f.... You can try to reindex the failing mBean. To do this, you can set the reindex property to true on the index definition node in CRXDE Lite. This will trigger a reindexing operation.

2. Slow or Stuck Reindexing: Sometimes, the reindexing process can become slow or even stuck. This can happen if there’s a large amount of content to index. You can check the IndexStats JMX MBeans to see if the indexing is taking too long.

3. Missing Indexes: If certain indexes are missing on your publish instance, you might see warnings in .... Make sure that all necessary indexes are present and up-to-date.

4. Overloaded Thread Pool: In some cases, the thread pool used to manage asynchronous indexing may beco.... You can configure a separate thread pool for asynchronous indexing to prevent other AEM work from in....

Remember to check the logs for any exceptions or error messages that might give more insight into what’s causing the indexing failure. If the issue persists, consider reaching out to Adobe support for further assistance.

Level 5

Thanks @pulkitvashisth - these points are really something, which I suspected as well..