Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

non-production and production deployment is failing

Level 3

Hello Team,

I checked out AEM Cloud Repo on my local and  trying to deploy back to Cloud. 

While deploying, it passes "BUILD AND CODE SCANNING" section. But it always fails at the "NON-PRODUCTION DEPLOYMENT" section, it stays on the status "Artifact is awaiting Deployment" for some time and then fails with the status "Error".

I am new to AEM Cloud and the deployment process and haven't done it before. Please find below the "ERROR " from the log file and a screenshot of the pipeline. If needed, I can send the full error log file.

Update: I created a new pipeline for stage and prod deployment, they are also failing with the same error

16:45:33.345 [main] ERROR c.a.granite.indexing.tool.CompareCmd - Failed to compare indexes: Can not add a new customized index /oak:index/damAssetLucene-8-custom-1 because an index (possibly merged) named /oak:index/damAssetLucene-9 that has a higher major version already exists. As higher major versions take precedence, the new customized index will not be used. In order to resolve the problem, the new customized index needs to be merged with the latest index, and renamed, so that it has a higher version number than the latest index. Suggested name for new index: /oak:index/damAssetLucene-9-custom-1
com.adobe.granite.indexing.tool.IndexingException: Can not add a new customized index /oak:index/damAssetLucene-8-custom-1 because an index (possibly merged) named /oak:index/damAssetLucene-9 that has a higher major version already exists. As higher major versions take precedence, the new customized index will not be used. In order to resolve the problem, the new customized index needs to be merged with the latest index, and renamed, so that it has a higher version number than the latest index. Suggested name for new index: /oak:index/damAssetLucene-9-custom-1
	at com.adobe.granite.indexing.tool.CompareCmd.compareIndexes(CompareCmd.java:315)
	at com.adobe.granite.indexing.tool.CompareCmd.run(CompareCmd.java:183)
	at com.adobe.granite.indexing.tool.Main.main(Main.java:112)

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 22.12.58.png

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hello @lopedasilva ,

I got you.

Please uncheck the "AEM Guides" checkbox while building and deploying the pipeline. You can find the "AEM Guides" checkbox inside "Edit Program" section under "My programs" of your sandbox.

This issue is happening due to an internal issue in Adobe with "AEM Guides". I am adding a screenshot just to show where the checkbox is. After unchecking the checkbox, build the environment, it should build and deploy without a trouble.

Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 08.12.19.png

Thanks,

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, 

Your build is failing because you are trying to deploy an index that has an invalid name (conflict name), please take a look here at how to manage the index names for the cloud. 

The log explains clearly:

Can not add a new customized index /oak:index/damAssetLucene-8-custom-1 because an index (possibly merged) named /oak:index/damAssetLucene-9 that has a higher major version already exists. As higher major versions take precedence, the new customized index will not be used. In order to resolve the problem, the new customized index needs to be merged with the latest index, and renamed, so that it has a higher version number than the latest index. Suggested name for new index: /oak:index/damAssetLucene-9-custom-1

Try to update the index's name from oak:index/damAssetLucene-8-custom-1 to: oak:index/damAssetLucene-9-custom-1

Please read more about naming indexes here:  https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/operations/indexing...

Esteban Bustamante

Level 1

Hey, 

I'm having the same issue with a totally new instance and new repo without any customisation to the code. 

Just create a new dev(or stage, or prod) and create a new repo (initialize it) and create a pipeline connecting both. 

Wait for the deploy and it fails with:

Can not add a new customized index /oak:index/damAssetLucene-8-custom-1 because an index (possibly merged) named /oak:index/damAssetLucene-9 that has a higher major version already exists.

I've searched on the default code and no reference to any custom index.

Thanks 

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hello @lopedasilva ,

I got you.

Please uncheck the "AEM Guides" checkbox while building and deploying the pipeline. You can find the "AEM Guides" checkbox inside "Edit Program" section under "My programs" of your sandbox.

This issue is happening due to an internal issue in Adobe with "AEM Guides". I am adding a screenshot just to show where the checkbox is. After unchecking the checkbox, build the environment, it should build and deploy without a trouble.

Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 08.12.19.png

Thanks,