Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

MSM - Delete a livecopy page

Level 5

Hi Community!

I've got a blueprint homepage, /content/blueprint/en/en, with many subpages (let's say 50).

Then, I've got a lot of livecopies, like /content/livecopy-x/en/en (where x is different for each livecopy).

The initial status is that all livecopies are in sync with the blueprint.

Then, I delete a page in the blueprint (/content/blueprint/en/en/pageToDelete).

As far as I know, the only way to delete this page in the livecopies branches, is to rollout /content/blueprint/en/en with the option 'Rollout page and all subpages'.

With 100 livecopies, that means 50x100=5000 pages being rolled-out.

Is there any way to delete the 'pageToDelete' page in all the livecopies without being to rollout all the pages?

Thank you very much!

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Julio_Baixauli ,

Deleting pages in a blueprint will result in corresponding pages being deleted from live copies after rollout with standard rollout configuration.
I assume if your blueprint page has child page related to language child page then may be you can trigger roll out for specific root language page.

Something like below, select only specific language copy where you want roll out to be done.

TarunKumar_0-1715328380349.png

Thanks
Tarun

Level 5

Hi Tarun.

Yes, in my example, I was using the English homepage /content/blueprint/en/en, and rollingout just this language branch.

But we have 50 subpages under this branch, and 100 livecopies (this is just an example, could be more). As far as I know, to delete the /content/blueprint/en/en/pageToDelete, I must rollout /content/blueprint/en/en, and select the option 'Rollout page and all subpages' (not unselected, as in your screenshot). That means rolling out 5000 pages. Is there any way to delete the page in the livecopies, without rolling out all the pages under English branch?

Thank you very much!

Community Advisor

@Julio_Baixauli You can create a simple groovy script that accepts a list of Blueprint pages and based on that deletes pages from both Blueprint and corresponding livecopies. if the pages are to be deleted from both Blueprint and livecopy then the script execution should be fine.

Level 5

OK Harwinder-singh. So, using the standard AEM UI, you cannot delete livecopy pages without having to rollout the corresponding (parent) blueprint page and all the subpages. If you don't want to rollout all those pages, you have to do it programmatically. That's what I wanted to confirm. Thank you.