Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Most efficient way of cleaning up incorrect Smart Tags

Level 2

I have been working with AEM for a couple of months now in an asset management role. I had no part in setting it up - this was done by a third party company. Something that is consistently taking a lot of my time is deleting/refining incorrect smart tags. Currently I select an image, click 'Manage Tags' and then go through each smart tag one by one.

Is there a more efficient way to do this? It has a real impact on the searchability of our system so they do need to be refined, but it seems like such a long-winded method. 

For example, if all the images are from a white lab where people are wearing lab coats, a lot of the Smart Tags will be things like 'health' or 'medical'. It would be really helpful if I could remove these at a folder level - is this possible? Any advice welcome, because I have a huge amount of assets to go through!

My company chose AEM because they thought the Smart tags would save time, and this is definitely not the case right now.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

At the moment there is no capability that allows deleting smart tags in bulk.

Smart tags can be bulk managed only at the folder level:

Select the folder Manage Tags and then you can add or remove tags by navigating the assets in the folder one by one.

Bulk smart tags deletion is suggested to the engineering team to be implemented in future releases.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-cloud-kcs/kbarticles/KA-19581.html?lang=en 

Manage smart tags and asset searches

You can curate smart tags to remove any inaccurate tags that may have been assigned to your brand assets, so that only the most relevant tags are displayed.

Moderating smart tags also helps refine tag-based searches for assets by ensuring that your assets appear in search results for the most relevant tags. Essentially, it helps eliminate the chances of unrelated assets from showing up in search results.

You can also assign a higher rank to a tag to increase the tag’s relevance for the asset. Promoting a tag for an asset increases the chances of the asset appearing in search results when a search is performed based on the particular tag.

Refer here for more info.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

At the moment there is no capability that allows deleting smart tags in bulk.

Smart tags can be bulk managed only at the folder level:

Select the folder Manage Tags and then you can add or remove tags by navigating the assets in the folder one by one.

Bulk smart tags deletion is suggested to the engineering team to be implemented in future releases.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-cloud-kcs/kbarticles/KA-19581.html?lang=en 

Manage smart tags and asset searches

You can curate smart tags to remove any inaccurate tags that may have been assigned to your brand assets, so that only the most relevant tags are displayed.

Moderating smart tags also helps refine tag-based searches for assets by ensuring that your assets appear in search results for the most relevant tags. Essentially, it helps eliminate the chances of unrelated assets from showing up in search results.

You can also assign a higher rank to a tag to increase the tag’s relevance for the asset. Promoting a tag for an asset increases the chances of the asset appearing in search results when a search is performed based on the particular tag.

Refer here for more info.

Employee Advisor

Hi,

To efficiently manage smart tags in AEM:

1. Use "Bulk Tagging" in the AEM Assets console to apply or remove tags to multiple assets at once.

2. Create rule-based smart tags to automatically apply or remove tags based on conditions.