Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Migrating /etc/map from AMS to AEMaaCS

Level 3

Hi,

We are migrating client website from AEM 6.5 (AMS) to AEMaaCS. As part of the migration, we noticed that existing 6.5 codebase has etc mappings defined under /etc/map like below:

pardeepg4829047_0-1713959289731.png

Do we need to make any changes to these for cloud migration and for them to work as expected. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I am not aware that AEM supports this runmode-based mappings directly. You have to configure the ResourceResolverFactory per runmode and specify the different paths there.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 3

What about the runmode based mappings defined using the folders like map.publish.prod  OR map.publish.stage ? Will these also be supported as-is ?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I am not aware that AEM supports this runmode-based mappings directly. You have to configure the ResourceResolverFactory per runmode and specify the different paths there.

Community Advisor

Considering that AEM does not inherently support run mode-specific ETC map folders, this functionality can be achieved through a run mode-specific JCR resolver pointing to an environment-specific ETC map path. This approach is also applicable in AEM as a Cloud. However, a challenge arises as AEM as a Cloud enables the 'dev' run mode for all environments except for stage and prod. To support environment-specific ETC maps, the aforementioned solution must be combined with a Cloud Manager Variable. For more details, please refer to How to Configure Environment-Specific ETC Maps for AEM as a Cloud Service. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Regards,

Albin

My Profile