Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Manage Publication visibility vs crx:replicate

Level 3

Hi All,

Recently, I am working on an requirement where I need to grant the publish access to a group users on a specific assets folder in Assets. So, I added crx:replicate privilege on the path of the assets folder for the user group, and then I can see the buttons of Quick Publish and Manage Publication, that is good. However, I find that Quick Publish is working for me, but Manage Publication is not working. When doing Manage Publication, it is throwing the error of "Not enough rights to manage publication.". By the investigation, I find it is lack of workflow relevant rights for Manage Publication. After I add the group to the members of the AEM built-in group of "workflow-users", Manage Publication is working in Assets. However, it is also visible and working in Sites pages (where I didn't add crx:replicate privilege), which is not expected.

Does anyone know how to make Manage Publication working based upon crx:replicate? I tried some permissions in workflow-users individually, and it will also make Manage Publication visible even if I don't add crx:replicate privilege. It looks like a bug for me.

AEM Version: AEM as a Cloud Service

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @HuiDeShao 

Here are the settings that are working for me, although user is part of workflow-users group

aanchalsikka_0-1698421260351.png

aanchalsikka_1-1698421307012.png

aanchalsikka_2-1698421358084.png

Manage Publication is unavailable

aanchalsikka_3-1698421383305.png

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

You can deny read permission for the nodes, so those button won't be visible

Site : /libs/wcm/core/content/common/managepublicationwizard 

Asset : /libs/dam/gui/content/commons/managepublicationwizard

Arun Patidar

Level 3

Hi,
Not sure if I am adding the correctly. It is not working...

HuiDeShao_0-1698416447037.png

Community Advisor

Hello @HuiDeShao 

As @arunpatidar mentioned you can revoke access on wizard, then the user won't be able to access it and trigger actions.

Also, to remove the button from UI, you can add ACL like

aanchalsikka_0-1698416438470.png

Since, managepublication is under jcr:content, we would need rep:glob to selectively take away read access

Aanchal Sikka

Level 3

Hi @aanchal-sikka 
It looks like workflow-users still have higher priority. Hmm, I will try again later and update. Thanks.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @HuiDeShao 

Here are the settings that are working for me, although user is part of workflow-users group

aanchalsikka_0-1698421260351.png

aanchalsikka_1-1698421307012.png

aanchalsikka_2-1698421358084.png

Manage Publication is unavailable

aanchalsikka_3-1698421383305.png

Aanchal Sikka

Community Advisor

@HuiDeShao 

The rep:glob is only required for managepublication (Thats the tools menu icon).

You have used managepublicationwizard. Its not matching. That's why

Aanchal Sikka

Level 3

Wow, you're right. It is working for me now. 

Why don't I see the path "managepublication" under sites?

Community Advisor

@HuiDeShao 

Its in the hierarchy of jcr:content node. 

/libs/wcm/core/content/sites/jcr:content/actions/selection/managepublication

Aanchal Sikka

Administrator

@HuiDeShao Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 3

The following permission is working for me for both of Sites and Assets.

HuiDeShao_0-1698669978013.png