Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Login and "create account" implemented in AEM using SAML

Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone help me with any example or high level solution on developing Login and Create Account feature in AEM using SAML.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

you don't need to develop any login page or components for login and creating account of the user in AEM.

AEM Supports SAML 2.0, In which you need to configure IDP details, certificate, user profile properties mapping with SAML assertion, User group assignment etc. 

Once SAML configuration will be done and the path that you configured for SAML authentication will be accessed. (suppose /content)

SAML redirect will happen and IDP login page will be opened where once user provides valid credentials then SAML assertion response will be send to AEM (Service Provider). AEM will read the response and create the user account with mapped profile properties and assign the group as well if that is also configured in SAML configuration.

More details : saml_guidance_saml_flow

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

you don't need to develop any login page or components for login and creating account of the user in AEM.

AEM Supports SAML 2.0, In which you need to configure IDP details, certificate, user profile properties mapping with SAML assertion, User group assignment etc. 

Once SAML configuration will be done and the path that you configured for SAML authentication will be accessed. (suppose /content)

SAML redirect will happen and IDP login page will be opened where once user provides valid credentials then SAML assertion response will be send to AEM (Service Provider). AEM will read the response and create the user account with mapped profile properties and assign the group as well if that is also configured in SAML configuration.

More details : saml_guidance_saml_flow

Community Advisor

I assume you refer to the login for the websites and then refer to this post to get more details -Enable User Authentication for AEM Websites — Azure AD B2C | SAML Application with Azure AD B2C | by... (used Azure B2C as the SAML provider)

Regards

Albin

www.albinsblog.com