Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Live Copy - ContentCopyAction -Can't create new target as its parent is missing

Level 4

Hi Everyone,

I am facing in issue while creation of lie copies. 

I have a content tree something that looks like 

Source

page1

page2

page3

page4

page5

I am going to activate these pages one by one in sequence using Java Replicator API based on user approval, I have a live copy with rollout configuration having actions  ContentUpdate,ContentCopy,ContentDelete,EditProperties,OrderChildren and trigger as active/publish

Now the issue is when I activate the pages one by one some times the copies are created perfectly fine but some times copies are created only up to a certain level like (page2, page3) . When I went through the  logs it clearly says that  

com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.actions.ContentCopyActionFactory$ContentCopyAction Can't create new target at "destinationPath", as its parent does not exist 

But I could see that the parent page created in tree and even the log also says it 

ContentCopyActionFactory$ContentCopyAction Created Resource at "parentPageDestination/jcr:content/" for "parentSourcePage/jcr:content" 

I am assuming that the child copy trigger is happening  before the parent is copied completely, but the logs shows the triggers happening in sequential order. This was working fine with AEM 5.6   but after 6.1 Update I am facing the issue .

I could see the issue happening even when I try tree activation .

Any suggestion to fix this please?

Thanks,

Krishna 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

As you have analyzed well, it looks like child page sync is getting called before the parent page. Please log a support ticket for the same !

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

As you have analyzed well, it looks like child page sync is getting called before the parent page. Please log a support ticket for the same !

Level 4

Thanks Lokesh. I will raise one . 

Level 1

Hi @Krishna_C  ,

Good analysis , you must raise a support ticket with adobe it is must. 

In other way if you remove the node and update the component again it could fix this issue.