Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

Link Rewriter Provider Interface for exported Experience Fragments in Adobe Target

Level 3

Hi All, 

We are using AEM Cloud to build our CMS. Currently, we have exported some experience fragments to Adobe Target as HTML format and many of them have CTA links. Even though we have used the Externalizer domain option like mentioned here -

jainrupal2408_1-1710241306694.png

But this does not help, since the CTA link then forms like this - 

jainrupal2408_2-1710241450465.png

What we need is the public url, which works normally when this XF is not exported. I tried using this interface LinkRewriter suggested below, but apparently this doesn't even get invoked from my service- 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/content/implementing/developing/extend...

Has anyone faced this before? What are the steps you have taken for CTA links on exported Experience fragments?

Many thanks in advance

Best,

Rupal

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi

For your scenario, you would need to write your own rewriter to handle this situation. This article is well-explained and even includes some examples that will clarify the documentation you sharedhttps://exadel.com/news/aem-experience-fragments-url-externalization-with-adobe-target/ 

I quote from the article: "When an Export to Target call is made in the AEM Experience Fragment console, the body of the HTML content is generated through a request to an XF with the selector atoffer.html. Before this HTML content is sent to Target, we would need to rewrite all the links so that they can be accessed publicly. We already rewrote these links using Externalizer, but if you need more customization, a service can implement this interface to make that possible."

Hope this helps.

Esteban Bustamante

Level 3

Hi @EstebanBustamante , 

I tried this one as well. But didn't work for me unfortunately. 

It seems such a common issue that everyone who exports XF to Adobe target, they should face the same with all href links. But didn't find many articles on it. 

Administrator

@jainrupal2408 Did you find the suggestion from the user helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni