Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Large size Image is not visible using Image core component (v2)

Level 2

Hi,
I am using image core component (v2) to display image and for large size image Image core component is unable to display the image.
I am attaching the exception screenshot.
Please respond if there there is any solution anybody has.

shivamkumarchauhan_1-1664283982793.png

shivamkumarchauhan_0-1664283774048.png

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @shivamkumarchauhan ,

Looks like this is an already open issue reported, 
check : https://github.com/adobe/aem-core-wcm-components/issues/1488

They have discussed a solution to have a fallback mechanism in the code to use MAX_WIDTH possible when the width are greater than supported sizes.

Thanks,
Milind

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @shivamkumarchauhan ,

Looks like this is an already open issue reported, 
check : https://github.com/adobe/aem-core-wcm-components/issues/1488

They have discussed a solution to have a fallback mechanism in the code to use MAX_WIDTH possible when the width are greater than supported sizes.

Thanks,
Milind

Thanks @milind_bachani for the help. But I did not get the MAX_WIDTH you mentioned. As it was nowhere in the above link. Can you please explain it more clearly.

Employee Advisor

Hi @shivamkumarchauhan ,

If you read the possible solutions in the link, it says :

The getBestRendition method in AdaptiveImageServlet shouldn't fallback to the "original" rendition if width is larger than the DEFAULT_MAX_SIZE AND height is larger than width.

Which means that if you are using an image whose width & height is greater than allowed dimensions[dimensions of the largest rendition], in your case [3896 x 2602](read from logs) - you should be writing a fallback mechanism to take up the rendition available having the max dimensions instead [e.g. load the page with 1280 rendition] of taking up unusual dimensions[3896 x 2602 in your case].

Hope this helps, thanks!