Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

ISSUE : Wrong Bundle Location in Felix Console after Deployment

Level 2

Hello

When i do a deployment on my servers, the bundle location is the following: jcrinstall:/apps/all/install/all-libs-8.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar . But the actual version is 9.1.1.SNAPSHOT. So shouldnt the bundle location not be jcrinstall:/apps/all/install/all-libs-9.1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar ? That the bundle work, i have to uninstall it and reinstall it by hand then it works and the path is correct. But by building it automaticly the path is incorrect.

Does any one have an idea why it is like that?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The bundle location should be a treated as an opaque identifier. Don't think of it "pointing" to anything. The version of the bundle should be determined by using the version, not the location.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Employee

This is the expected behavior. Performing an *update* on a bundle does not change its location. See http://dev.day.com/content/ddc/blog/2010/01/bundleidentification.html

Level 2

But i deploy my bundles with maven clean install. So actually, i am not doing an update. But it does not change.

Employee

Right, but you already have the bundle installed. So when you install a new version, the bundle is being updated. Both the Content Packages and the OSGI Console will automatically choose to perform an update if possible.

Level 2

So you mean to solve this problem i always have to uninstall the bundles and reinstall them ? or do you know another way to solve it ? Or can i force the OSGI Console to install it new and not to update?

Employee

As I said - you are seeing the expected behavior. In what way is this problematic?

Level 2

We're building the CQ Project with Jenkins on a development server. It's an automated build (every 1 hour, if there is a svn change). The Problem also exist, when i install the package manually on our productive servers.

Employee

I think you're missing my point. The fact that the bundle location does not change during your deployments is expected and is not a problem. If the bundle location changed during a deployment, that would be a problem as it would be specification violation.

Level 2

So do we always have the latest sourcecode even if the bundle location doesnt point on the latest version ?

Correct answer by
Employee

The bundle location should be a treated as an opaque identifier. Don't think of it "pointing" to anything. The version of the bundle should be determined by using the version, not the location.