Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

Is there a way to provide option to select the rendered image from image drag and drop functinality??

Level 9

Hi All,

We have requirement that user is able to select the image with specific size for example 1200*450 ,drag it and drop image widget are.

I could see we can select the original image not any rendered image with other dimensions.

If any one come across similar king of use case,please share  your experience.

Thanks,

Kishore

6 Replies

Level 10

Can you please explain your requirement more. Who will be selecting the image. The AEM author selecting an image from the Content Finder during edit mode? 

Level 9

Content author will select image in edit mode.

As per my knowledge,content finder shows original images not any renditions created for the same original image.

This image is being used at homepage banner and the user is able to select required dimension(Eg :1200 * 450) of it.

Thanks,

Kishore

Level 10

IN the Touch UI - you can select the path where the rendition for the asset is located. Then the asset will render on the side rail and you can drag it to the page.

This would be the way to address this requirement.  But in the DAM path you select, you need to place the asset with different renditions. 

Administrator

Kishore@CQ wrote...

Content author will select image in edit mode.

As per my knowledge,content finder shows original images not any renditions created for the same original image.

This image is being used at homepage banner and the user is able to select required dimension(Eg :1200 * 450) of it.

Thanks,

Kishore

Hi Please have a look at this forum post,

Link:-http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

//Image renditions in AEM content finder

Link:- https://forums.adobe.com/message/4332309#4332309 and https://forums.adobe.com/message/4346700#4346700

I hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 3

Kishore@CQ wrote...

Hi All,

We have requirement that user is able to select the image with specific size for example 1200*450 ,drag it and drop image widget are.

I could see we can select the original image not any rendered image with other dimensions.

If any one come across similar king of use case,please share  your experience.

Thanks,

Kishore

Hi Kishore@CQ ,

Try adding below code to your component:

<sly data-sly-resource="${'image' @ resourceType='/libs/foundation/components/image'}">   (Sightly(AEM 6.1) Syntax)

This is OOB component where you will get the option of image drag and drop. Also, you can resize your image.

Let me know if that was the requirement or something else.

-Akshita

Level 10

@Akshita, Kishore is expecting all renditions of images should also be appear on content finder along with original image.

@Kishore

Why don't you let the author select original image and let the code take care of rendition. You can configure rendition in code by appending rendition path to original image. End result would be always same.

Author should not be responsible for taking care of rendition, is all you code or JS take care depend on device or scenarios