Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is it possible to pre-select the desired rendition before initiating the download process on the author instance

Community Advisor

Hi All

Is it possible to pre-select the desired rendition before initiating the download process on the author instance? Currently, we have options to choose the renditions for download in Brand Portal,

Brand Portal 

kNan_0-1704348973823.png

Thanks

Kannan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

If I were to do it, I would try overlaying the resource and adding the custom JavaScript to listen to the events of the sidekick, when the rendition tab gets opened, select the desired rendition programmatically.

But in terms of best practices, I would restrain myself from doing such customizations unless it is very necessary.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 2

We have the option to download all renditions together from the assets GUI as seen below, 

varun_m1_0-1704355234645.png

You could also use the rendition sidebar to select a rendition and download it via right clicking on the image on the right side as seen below,

varun_m1_0-1704357496491.png

Or else you can traverse to the file in CRXDE Lite and right click on the node " assetname.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/[desired-rendition] " and click on open. This will download your image rendition to your local.

Correct answer by
Level 3

If I were to do it, I would try overlaying the resource and adding the custom JavaScript to listen to the events of the sidekick, when the rendition tab gets opened, select the desired rendition programmatically.

But in terms of best practices, I would restrain myself from doing such customizations unless it is very necessary.