Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

integration

Level 5

what is integration?

how to integrate aem with third party?

what is app server integration and how to use?

what are other app server integration and how to do it?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

For AEM on tomcat please refer to the documentation Scott linked above:

Application Server Install

Jörg

View solution in original post

30 Replies

Level 10

Read this for information on how to use AEM and APP servers - Application Server Install

You can write an AEM Service to integrate AEM with other software/services. For example, assume you want to use AEM and a Google Service. You can write code to do that as explained here - Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 HTL Component that displays data from a Restful Web Service

Employee Advisor

These question are too generic to provide a meaningful response. Can you refine them and make them more specific? At the moment I don't even see a relation to AEM...

thanks,

Jörg

Administrator

shivangim98577885 Are you looking for some 3rd party integration with AEM? Can you please share some more details about the exact ask?

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 5

yes i want to integrate aem 6.4jar with third party

Level 5

i have read this link but it is for war files i m using jar files 6.4

Administrator

Can you please help me with some more details on your use case, What do you want to achieve, which 3rd party tool are you referring ?

Kautuk Sahni

Level 5

i want to integrate aem with third party or any app server

Level 5

i am doing for learning purpose..so pls let me know whichever is meaningful for my understanding

Administrator

I am afraid if I can help you unless I know the use-case. There many ways by which we can integrate AEM with 3rd party tools [1].

One of the way is mentioned above by Scott (that use-case is independent of if you are using AEM JAR or WAR).

[1]

AEM calling 3rd party REST calls

3rd party calling AEM

AEM-3rd party JS intigrations

and many more use-cases could be there.

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 5

if i want to integrate aem with any third party the how to do that

Level 5

i am using jar then how to implement the above use case which scott given to me

Administrator

The article is independent of whether AEM is in JAR form or WAR form.

Just install the package provided in the article into the AEM server and you would be good to test it's working.

Or if you want to build it from stretch, please follow the steps mentions in it.

1. Create a AEM Maven 13 archetype

2. Create a HeroRestComponent

3. Add the Dependency Libraries to AEM

4. Build the OSGi bundle using Maven

5. Create the HTL Front End Component

Please follow the article.

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 5

which article can you please resend it to me and also can you please provide me the name of other app server which can be integrate with aem

Level 5

this link is for war file but i want for jar files

Level 10

You do not need to start AEM QUick Start JAR via an App server - simply double click on it.

Level 5

but when i read this link they are using war file but i need to use jar file in my project..please provide me some other link or information

Level 10

" but i need to use jar file in my project"

What are you trying to do? You asked for information on how to run AEM on an App Server. This assumes you have the AEM WAR file.

If you have the Quick Start JAR - you start AEM by clicking on it. You do not need to run a standalone AEM Quick Start JAR on an App Server.