Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

Images are not loading in local sdk

Level 4

Images are not loading in AEM pages though they are available in dam. See the below screenshot.

rakesh_h2_0-1686936288847.png

In browser console, I get 404. But I have those images in dam and the path given is correct too.

rakesh_h2_1-1686936418860.png

But the image loads in higher environments (AEM as a Cloud Service). I think I'm missing something in my local setup.

Any help is much appreciated. 

Thanks.

6 Replies

Community Advisor

@rakesh_h2 

Requesting you to please verify following:

1. What is the URL of the Image in Page?
  2. Is this URL same as the image in the DAM? If not, please check the asset thats configured in the component?
  3. Are the renditions created for the asset?
    • If not/unsure, try executing "Asset processing on SDK" workflow on the image.

Aanchal Sikka

Level 4

@aanchal-sikka 

Url is different. It's something like 'adobe/dynamicmedia/deliver/....'

Community Advisor

@rakesh_h2 

1. Have you started local AEM with "dynamicmedia_scene7" run mode? Have you set up configs for Dynamic Media

2. Have you synced these image from the higher env to local? Is the DM metadata available on these images?

3. Are these images published in higher environments, for them to be publicly available?

Aanchal Sikka

Level 4

@aanchal-sikka 

1. I have started local instance in normal mode only. Even in "dynamicmedia_scene7" runmode, it doesn't work.

java -jar aem-author-p4502.jar -r dynamicmedia_scene7

2. I have pulled all the images from higher environments to local.

3. Yes they are published in higher environments and Its loading there. Issue only in local instance.

I get an error, 'connection failed' when I tried to connect to DM in local.

rakesh_h2_1-1687156903985.png

Community Advisor

@rakesh_h2  Are you facing this issue in your local author instance? 

I think you have dynamic media setup in your environments. Did you setup DM in your local ? Once check your connectivity DM from your local 

Level 4

Yes in local instance, both author and publish. Yes, dynamic media is setup. I have setup DM settings in local by bringing the changes from conf/global/settings/. But the connection is failing. But it works in higher environments. What am I missing?

rakesh_h2_0-1687156769991.png